BEIJING, May 9, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- China Finance Online Co. Limited ("China Finance Online", or the "Company") (NASDAQ GS: JRJC), a technology-driven, and user-focused market leader in China providing vertically integrated financial information and services, today announced that it expects to report net revenues of $21.0 million for the first quarter of 2014, up 281.8% from $5.5 million in the first quarter of 2013. The expected net revenues reflect the impact of fewer trading days in the first quarter due to the long Chinese New Year holidays.
About China Finance Online
China Finance Online Co. Limited is a technology-driven, user-focused market leader in China in providing vertically integrated financial information and services. The Company's two prominent flagship portal sites, www.jrj.com and www.stockstar.com, have attracted a large population of individual investors. The Company offers basic software, information services and securities investment advisory services to individual investors. Through its subsidiary, Genius, the Company provides financial database and analytics to institutional customers including domestic financial, research, academic and regulatory institutions. Leveraging on its robust internet capabilities and registered user base, China Finance Online is developing comprehensive financial services including securities and futures brokerage services in Hong Kong and precious metal trading services in China.
Safe Harbor Statement
This press release contains forward-looking statements. These statements constitute "forward-looking" statements within the meaning of Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, and as defined in the U.S. Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. These forward-looking statements can be identified by terminology such as "will," "expects," "anticipates," "future," "intends," "plans," "believes," "estimates" and similar statements. Among other things, this release contains the following forward-looking statements regarding:
- our product upgrade and strategic transformation initiative;
- our prospect on the newly launched internet-based financial platform "Yinglibao";
- our prospect on the growth of our precious metals trading services;
- our prospect on stabilization in cash attrition and improvement of our financial position;
- our initiatives to address customers' demand for intuitive online investment platforms and alternative investment opportunities; and
- the market prospect of the business of securities investment advisory and wealth management.
Such statements involve certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those in the forward-looking statements, which risks and uncertainties include, among others, the following:
- the changing customer needs, regulatory environment and market condition that we are subject to;
- the uneven condition of the world and Chinese economy that could lead to volatility in the equity markets and affect our operating results in the coming quarters;
- the impact of the changing conditions of the Chinese stock market, Hong Kong stock market and global financial market on our future performance;
- the unpredictability of our strategic transformation and growth of new businesses, including our precious metal trading service;
- the prospect of our margin-related business and the degree to which our implementation of margin account screening and ongoing monitoring will yield successful outcome;
- the degree to which our strategic collaborations with partners will yield successful outcome;
- the prospect for China's high-net-worth and middle-class households;
- the prospect of equipping our customer specialists with new technology, tools and financial knowledge;
- the competition we are facing in the new business of securities investment advisory and wealth management, including cash management solutions and mutual fund distribution, such as Yinglibao,;
- the unpredictability of our investment in the real estate project in Langfang City of Hebei Province;
- wavering investor confidence that could impact our business; and
- possible non-cash goodwill, intangible assets and investment impairment may adversely affect our net income.
Further information regarding these and other risks is included in the Company's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, including its annual report on Form 20-F under "Forward-Looking Information" and "Risk Factors". The Company does not undertake any obligation to update any forward-looking statement as a result of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required under applicable law.
China Finance Online Co. Limited
SOURCE China Finance Online Co., Ltd.