NEW YORK, April 28, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Glufosinate (glufosinate ammonium) is a non-selective herbicide developed by Hoechst in the 1980s with the features of high efficiency, low toxicity and easy decomposability?and it is wildly used on many crops, such as wheat, corn, rice, vegetables and fruits, etc.
With the long-term application, crops' resistance of glyphosate has become more and more serious. What's more, the forbidden use of paraquat AS formulation from July 2016 in China has made pesticides producers and farmers seek for alternatives. Thanks to its good control effect, glufosinate has been recommended to decrease weeds' resistivity and increase the weeding effect as one substitute for glyphosate and paraquat. The demand for glufosinate has witnessed a rapid growth in recent years both in China and the world at large.
Driven by the development of glufosinate-tolerant genetically modified crops, glufosinate has become one of the hottest key words in the global agrochemical industry since 2012, and the glufosinate industry has attracted a lot of enterprises' attention. Many of them want to enter the industry and some glufosinate producers set out to expand their glufosinate capacity.
In the middle of 2013, Bayer announced to build a new glufosinate production plant in Mobile, the US, to keep in pace with the anticipated demand from killing glyphosate-resistant weeds. The plant will be started in the fourth quarter of 2015.
In the domestic market, Lier Chemical Co., Ltd. launched a new glufosinate technical production line with the capacity of 1,000t/a in July 2015 and it plans to build a new glufosinate technical project with the capacity of 2,000t/a; Inner Mongolia Jiaruimi Fine Chemical Co., Ltd. launched a 600t/a glufosinate technical production line, which started its trial production in May 2015.
What's more, more than 20 enterprises have registered glufosinate technical from the ICAMA, and more than 10 have glufosinate project plans with detailed capacity.
Chinese glufosinate has been playing an important role in the global glufosinate market and become a vital glufosinate supplier globally: about 40% of the global glufosinate products are produced in China, and the rate will increase in the future years.
As a substitute for glyphosate and paraquat for some crops, the consumption of glufosinate in the domestic market has increased very fast in recent years, with a CAGR of 74.9% in 2011-2014.
Thanks to the strong demand in the global market, the output of glufosinate in 2014 is double of that in 2013 in China. It can be said that home-made glufosinate has been influencing the global glufosinate supply remarkably.
China Glufosinate Market Report 2015 Edition is a professional and trusted study on the current state of the Chinese glufosinate industry. With more than 80 tables and figures, the report provides key statistics on the state of the industry and is a valuable source of guidance and direction for companies and individuals who are interested in the market. It helps them fully understand the current Chinese glufosinate market. The report provides reliable data and analysis in the following aspects:
1. Registrations of glufosinate in China and 20 oversea countries including China, Belgium, Germany, France, Poland, Slovenia, Spain, Switzerland, Greece, Argentina, Bolivia, Columbia, Paraguay, Uruguay, Canada, the US, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia and S. Africa. The detailed information includes registrants and product specifications.
2. Glufosinate synthesis routes and production processes. The chemical principles for different routes are listed and the advantages and disadvantages for each route are analyzed. Glufosinate patent information, detailed glufosinate production processes and unit consumption are also provided.
3. Key raw material supply situation, the detailed supply situation and introductions to key producers are provided.
4. Global glufosinate market and Chinese glufosinate supply situation, the detailed supply situation, introductions to key producers and their production data are provided. The potential projects and their detailed planned construction sites, investments and project progress are introduced.
5. Price of glufosinate in 2009-Aug. 2015: the detailed price data are listed and the influencing factors are analyzed.
6. Export situation of glufosinate, including export volume in 2008-2014, major technical and formulation exporters and their major oversea markets, are provided.
7. Consumption situation of glufosinate, including consumption volume in 2010-2014 and segment by brand.
8. Profile of glufosinate producers, including company introduction, major pesticides products in each company, company financial data, glufosinate production, sales data and information.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p03762687-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001