As Chinese cities are growing ever bigger and traffic jams are getting worse, the traditional public transport cannot meet city dwellers' mobility need any longer, and rail transit in consequence becomes indispensable to address heavy traffic congestion in big cities since it is characterized by high speed, large carrying capacity and less pollution. China has entered a fast development stage for rail transit and construction of high-speed rails, subways and intercity rails are either under way or in the pipeline across the country, stimulating rapid growth of related components like rail transit air-conditioners whose market size reported RMB5.025 billion in 2017 with a year-on-year surge of over 100%. It is anticipated that the investments into railways during 2016-2020 will be up to at least RMB4 trillion, that is to say, more than RMB800 billion per year, of which investment into rolling stock equipment is estimated to hit RMB540 billion.
Additionally, the new urbanization development strategy is pushing ahead at a rapid race in China, and construction of urban rail transit becomes a development priority. As expected, the investments into urban rail transit will be more than RMB2 trillion between 2016 and 2020, including the estimated input of over RMB150 billion in rolling stock equipment. The Chinese rail transit air-conditioning market will be worth RMB23 billion in the next five years, i.e., an average of RMB4.6 billion per annum.
In China, the demand for rail transit air-conditioners comes mainly from railway locomotive driver's cab, passenger train, CRH, metro/light rail vehicle, etc., of which CRH and metro/light rail vehicle are and will be the key niche markets. In 2017, CRH air-conditioning market size approximated RMB1.87 billion, and metro/light rail vehicle air-conditioning market was worth RMB2.71 billion or so, both sweeping over 90% of total market size.
As far as competition is concerned, air-conditioners for railways and urban rail pose high requirements on production qualification, and manufacturers will be not allowed to enter Chinese urban rail transit market until they obtains product test certificate and operation report. Shanghai Faiveley, Shijiazhuang King Transportation Equipment and Guangzhou Dinghan Rail Transit Vehicle Equipment are the key producers of rail transit air-conditioner in China for the moment and designated by CHINA RAILWAY as the three suppliers of locomotive and vehicle air-conditioners.
Elaborately, Shijiazhuang King Transportation Equipment boasts annual output of rail transit air-conditioning units up to 12,000 sets or so, with operations touching upon high-speed rail, passenger train, railway locomotive and urban rail. In particular, EU651 and EU691 products have been used on 200/300/350-km CRH2 trains; Guangzhou Dinghan Rail Transit Vehicle Equipment Co., Ltd is capable of producing about 12,000 sets; Shanghai Faiveley devotes itself to the production of air-conditioning units for urban rail and passenger trains, with annual production capacity standing at roughly 6,500 sets.
China Rail Transit Air-conditioner Industry Report, 2018-2022 highlights the following:
Overview of rail transit air-conditioning industry in China (definition, classification, policies, development trends, etc.);
Analysis on rail transit industry in China (railways, high-speed rail, urban rail, etc.);
Analysis on rail transit vehicle industry in China (locomotive, CRH, urban rail vehicle, etc.);
Analysis on rail transit air-conditioner industry (sales, demand, competition and market forecast in railway locomotive, passenger train, CRH and urban rain vehicle).
Key Topics Covered:
1. Status Quo of China's Rail Transit Air-Conditioning Industry 1.1 Definition and Classification 1.1.1 Air-conditioning Unit Series for Railway Coaches and Locomotives 1.1.2 Air-conditioning Unit Series for High-speed EMUs 1.1.3 Air-conditioning Unit Series for Urban Rail Vehicles 1.1.4 Air-conditioning Unit Series for Other Vehicles 1.2 Chinese Policies on Rail Transit Vehicle Air-Conditioning Industry 1.2.1 Industry Classification 1.2.2 Industry Supervision 1.2.3 Laws & Regulations 1.2.4 Industrial Policy
2. Development of China's Rail Transit Industry 2.1 Development of China's Railway Transportation 2.1.1 Status Quo of Railway Transportation 2.1.2 Dynamics of Railway Investment 2.1.3 Railway Network Scale 2.2 Development of High-Speed Rail in China 2.2.1 High-Speed Rail in Operation in China 2.2.2 High-Speed Rail Construction Plan 2.2.3 High-Speed Rail Investment News 2.2.4 Major High-Speed Rail Projects under Construction 2.3 Development of Urban Rail (Metro & Light Rail) in China 2.3.1 Urban Rail in Operation in Key Cities across China 2.3.2 Urban Rail Construction Plan in Key Cities across China 2.3.3 Urban Rail Investment News in Key Cities across China 2.3.4 Major Urban Rail Projects under Construction in Key Cities across China
3. Development of China's Rail Vehicle Industry 3.1 Locomotive 3.2 Urban Rail Transit Vehicles 3.3 High-speed Rail Vehicles 3.3.1 Market Demand for High-speed Rail Vehicles in China 3.3.2 Demand Forecast for High-speed Rail Trunk Line Vehicles in China
4. Situation of Rail Vehicle Air-Conditioning Market in China 4.1 Overall Market 4.1.1 Market Size 4.1.2 Competitive Landscape 4.1.3 Sales Comparison of Rail Transit Vehicle Air-conditioner Market 4.1.4 Manufacturing Capabilities of Major Enterprises 4.1.5 Customers Supported by Major Enterprises 4.2 Railway Transportation Air-Conditioning Market 4.2.1 Market Size 4.2.2 Demand Analysis 4.2.3 Demand Forecast 4.3 Urban Rail Vehicle Air-Conditioning Market 4.3.1 Market Size 4.3.2 Demand Analysis 4.3.3 Demand Forecast
5. Major Chinese Rail Transit Air-Conditioning Manufacturers