DUBLIN, July 28, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/qpbt4n/china) has announced the addition of the "China Semiconductor Industry Report, 2014-2015" report to their offering.
According to China Semiconductor Industry Association, the total value of the entire semiconductor industry chain exceeded RMB300 billion in 2014, of which only RMB104.7 billion or one-third was concerned with products (excluding foreign companies). The IC export volume is still optimistic in a relative sense, but it is mostly contributed by foreign companies in China, rather than local enterprises.
Without foreign companies, Taiwanese enterprises and software business, Chinese semiconductor industryturns to be a real pattern like this: the output value of China semiconductor industry approximated USD12.5 billion in 2014, of which USD5 billion came from IC design, USD3.7 billion from IC fabrication, USD3.8 billion from IC packaging and testing. Apparently, IC design accounted for a higher proportion, in fact, the foundries of IC design companies mainly referred to Taiwanese TSMC or UMC, especially large IC design companies; about 80% of wafers were produced by Taiwanese TSMC. This means the irrelevance between IC design companies and foundries in Mainland China.
Since 2014, Chinese financial institutions or enterprises which are adept at capital operation and have huge capitalhave acquired semiconductor companies worldwide vigorously. China is trying to expand its semiconductor industry rapidly through acquisitions. However, the semiconductor industry requires long-term accumulation of talents and technologies, the semiconductor industry of China still has a long way to go even if it renders capital operation.
Chinese government makes great efforts to support the memory sector of the semiconductor industry with the investment of at least USD10 billion, because China is the largest memory market and buys 75% of the global memory. If the global memory industry structure remains stable, China will import tens of billions in USD of memory each year.
The report covers the followings:
- Global Semiconductor Market and Industry;
- China Semiconductor Market and Industry;
- Eleven Chinese IC Design Companies
- Five Chinese Foundries
- Four Chinese Packaging and Testing Companies
- ASMC - Allwinner Technology - Beijing Nari Smart-chip Microelectronics Technology - CEC Huada Electronic Design - China Wafer Level CSP - Datang Semiconductor - Galaxycore Microelectronics - GigaDevice - HHGrace - Hisilicon - Huali Microelectronics - JCET - Nantong Fujitsu Microelectronics - RDA Microelectronics - Rockchip - SMIC Microelectronics - Silan Microelectronics - Spreadtrum - Tianshui Huatian Technology - XMC - ZXIC
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/qpbt4n/china
Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, email@example.com
SOURCE Research and Markets