LONDON, July 16, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Reportbuyer.com has added a new market research report:
Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia: KOL Insight
Chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) is the most common of the leukaemias, but until recently it has been underserved in terms of effective therapeutic options. However, a revolution in personalised and targeted therapies is radically altering the treatment algorithm. From Roche's improved anti-CD20 monoclonal antibody Gazyva, to Pharmacyclics/Janssen Biotech's Imbruvica, the treatment landscape is being transformed.
Drivers of change
- Targeted therapies. Most significantly, KOLs predict that therapies from Roche, Gilead, Infinity and Pharmacyclics/Janssen Biotech will drive change in the refractory/relapsed setting for patients who are younger and fitter, and in the first- and second-line settings for frail patients or those with high-risk genetic markers.
- Chemotherapy-free treatment. Combined with chlorambucil, Roche's Gazyva is expected to provide a first-line option for patients whose comorbidity burden precludes standard treatment. Further, the advent of Imbruvica and idelalisib (in combination with Rituxan) signals a move towards chemo-free therapy.
- Personalised medicine approach. With the expansion of therapies and increased economic pressure, KOLs predict a move towards personalised treatments involving the combination of new oral therapies with other drugs. Molecular profiling may also evolve its role, since CLL's marked clinical and biological heterogeneity make it a prime target for individualised treatment.
Unique insider clinical opinion
Insightful, targeted and filled with critical knowledge, Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia: KOL Insight offers a 360° view of current and future treatment pathways for CLL. Based on in-depth interviews with 13 KOLs from Europe and North America, the report focuses on existing and pipeline drugs, clinical trials and trends that are set to revolutionise the future of CLL treatment.
Pressing issues and questions:
- How are monoclonal antibodies perceived by the medical community in terms of efficacy, tolerability and ease of administration – and how do they compare to other options?
- To what extent will Roche's Gazyva and the emergence of rituximab biosimilars threaten the dominance of Rituxan?
- How will the use of each current and pipeline CLL product change in the future in terms of patient segments, line of therapy and preference?
- How will the arrival of small molecule targeted therapies such as Imbruvica, idelalisib, ABT-199 and alvocidib impact the treatment and prognosis of patients with genetically-defined high-risk CLL?
New drug therapies for CLL are about to revolutionise treatment regimens. In Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia: KOL Insight, you will:
- Understand the scope of major shifts in CLL treatments in the refractory/relapsed setting, led by Roche's Gazyva and the new oral targeted therapies
- Gain a full overview of the potential impact on prescribing trends by recently completed and ongoing clinical trials, such as HELIOS, CLL 11, COMPLEMENT 1, RESONATE and RESONATE-2
- Obtain insight into why KOLs view oral targeted therapies as potentially answering the unmet needs in the refractory-relapsed setting
- Understand why new therapies and economic pressure will drive the movement towards individualised medicine
This report will allow you to:
- Take a 360° view of CLL treatments, both current and forthcoming
- Analyse current and future treatment algorithms for patients with genetic high-risk markers, and high and low comorbidity burdens
- Identify key trends that will impact future prescribing habits
- Receive KOL opinion updates covering each major event between now and 31 May 2015
Always up to date
The world of pharma is ever changing and executives must always be up-to-date with the latest developments that could affect their own products, position and research. That is why FirstWord's guarantee to keep Therapy Trends clients up to date with the latest insight offers a real commercial advantage.
Consider the benefits:
- Significant market events such as new product approvals or pivotal research results will always be followed by a new wave of Therapy Trends primary market research with preeminent KOLs
- Each wave of research provides Therapy Trends clients with fresh expert insights on the likely impact of the latest market developments
- Therapy Trends clients get access to the results of each wave of event-driven primary research through Research Update Bulletins – brief report that bring the impact of the latest events into sharp focus
- There is no limit to the number of events Therapy Trends will cover in a 12 month period
- All updates are included in the price.
Whatever happens in the market you'll always be able to assess the impact with FirstWord Therapy Trends
4.CLL patents with low comorbidity burden
4.1.1.Pivotal trial data
4.1.2.Key trials to watch
5.CLL patients with high comorbidity burden
5.1.1.Pivotal trial data
5.1.2.Key trials to watch
6.CLL patients with genetic high-risk markers
6.1.1.Pivotal trial data
6.1.2.Key trials to watch
7.and future treatment landscape
7.1.Current and future treatment algorithm
8.1.1.Rituxan/MabThera (rituximab; Roche/Genentech/Biogen Idec)
8.1.2.Arzerra (ofatumumab; Novartis)
8.1.3.Gazyva (obinutuzumab; Roche/Genentech)
8.1.4.Campath/MabCampath (alemtuzumab; Sanofi)
9.Non-biological targeted therapies
9.1.1.Imbruvica (ibrutinib; Pharmacyclics/Janssen Biotech)
9.2.1.idelalisib (GS1101; Gilead Sciences)
9.2.3.IPI-145 (Infinity Pharmaceuticals)
9.2.4.Revlimid (lenalidomide; Celgene)
9.2.4.alvocidib (flavopiridol; Sanofi/Tolero Pharmaceuticals)
10.1.Current and future treatment algorithm for CLL patients with low comorbidity burden
10.2.Current and future treatment algorithm for CLL patients with high comorbidity burden
10.2.Current and future treatment algorithm for CLL patients with genetic high-risk markers
11.1.1.KOLs from North America
11.1.2.KOLs from Europe
Read the full report:
Chronic Lymphocytic Leukaemia: KOL Insight