BARUERI, Brazil, April 25, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Cielo S.A. (BM&FBOVESPA: CIEL3 / OTC: CIOXY) announces today its results for the first quarter of 2012.
- Transaction financial volume under the market criterion totaled R$87.4 billion, up 26.8% or R$18.4 billion year-on-year; under the accounting criterion, the volume was R$88.1 billion, up 25.5% year-on-year;
- Total revenues (net operating + prepayment of receivables) totaled R$1.4 billion, up 29.3% or R$317.4 million year-on-year and 1.2% or R$16.4 million quarter-on-quarter;
- Revenue from Equipment Rental totaled R$325.0 million, up 21.1% or R$56.5 million year-on-year and 9.7% or R$28.8 million quarter-on-quarter;
- Adjusted EBITDA of R$943.8 million, up 37.9% or R$259.5 million year-on-year and 13.3% or R$110.6 million quarter-on-quarter;
- Adjusted EBITDA margin at 67.4%, up 4.2 p.p. year-on-year and up 7.2 p.p. quarter-on-quarter;
- Cielo's net income totaled R$566.6 million, up 33.4% or R$141.9 million year-on-year and 12.3% or R$62.0 million quarter-on-quarter;
- Cielo's net income margin at 40.5%, up 1.3 p.p. year-on-year and 4.0 p.p. quarter-on-quarter;
- Cielo receives the "Best Investor Relations by a Latin American Company in the US market" award from IR Magazine, one of the main capital market media vehicles.
- Cielo and Cybersource announce a strategic alliance to release a fully-featured global fraud prevention solution for e-commerce in Brazil.
Click on the link below to open the earnings release:
1Q12 Earnings Conference Call
April 26, 2012
11:00 a.m. (NY) | 12:00 p.m. (Brasilia)
Phone: +1 412 317 6776
09:30 a.m. (NY) | 10:30 a.m. (Brasilia)
Phone: +55 11 4688 6361
Investor Relations Director
+55 11 2596 1735
SOURCE Cielo S.A.