BARUERI, Brazil, May 4, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- Cielo S.A. (BM&FBOVESPA: CIEL3 / OTC: CIOXY) announces today its results for the first quarter of 2011.
- Transaction financial volume totaled R$ 70.2 billion, up 19.5% year-on-year but down 5.2% quarter-on-quarter;
- Operating revenue + net prepayment of receivables totaled R$ 1.082 billion, up 6.1% compared with 1Q10 while down 5.7% as compared with 4Q10;
- Adjusted EBITDA of R$ 684.3 million, down 4.1% year-on-year and 4.4% quarter-on-quarter;
- Adjusted EBITDA margin at 63.2%, down 6.8 percentage points year-on-year and up 0.8 percentage point quarter-on-quarter;
- Net income totaled R$ 424.7 million, down 3.5% year-on-year and 4.2% quarter-on-quarter;
- Net income margin at 39.2%, down 4.0 percentage points year-on-year and up 0.6 percentage point quarter-on-quarter;
- Partnership to capture brands Mais!, Bonus CBA, Cabal Vale, Verocheque, Banescard, Sodexo and Sapore; Cielo started capturing and processing Elo in April
- Capital stock increase through 20% stock dividend followed by 3-to-1 reverse stock split approved at GSM held on 4/29.
Click on the link below to open the earnings release
1Q11 Earnings Conference Call
May 5, 2011
10:30 a.m. (NY) | 11:30 a.m. (Brasília)
Phone: +1 412 317 6776
9:00 a.m. (NY) | 10:00 a.m. (Brasília)
Phone: +55 11 4688 6361
Cielo S.A. is the largest network of electronic means of payment in Latin America and is engaged in all services in the merchant acquiring chain - merchant affiliation, capture, transmission, processing and settlement of card transactions, in addition to the management of the card acceptance network – and monitors 100% of the transactions through the unique and differentiated Cielo Lynx. The Company covers 98.5% of Brazilian municipalities, with a network of 1.1 million active affiliated merchants, and its cutting-edge technology network enables it to operate with the best availability rate in the industry, of 99.995% throughout the year and 100% in the key dates for retail sales. Cielo offers the most comprehensive portfolio of payment solutions, with the most modern point-of-sales (POS) base in Brazil – terminals with average age of 1.7 year.
SOURCE Cielo S.A.