Citi ThankYou Premier Card Adds New Benefits That Make Travel Even More Rewarding
Earn 3 Points for Every $1 Spent on Travel - From Gas and Commuting Expenses to Road Trips and Vacations
20 Apr, 2015, 09:00 ET
NEW YORK, April 20, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- No matter where Citi ThankYou Premier cardmembers are headed, they can now earn more points along the way. Citi has made travel even more rewarding for ThankYou Premier cardmembers who can now earn 3 points per $1 spent on almost all travel, including gas, tolls, subway and taxi rides, airfare, hotels, cruises and car rentals.
"ThankYou Premier redefines travel by rewarding our cardmembers for virtually any way they are getting to their destination – by bike, bus, train, car or plane," said Chris Fred, Head of Proprietary Products, Citi Cards North America. "We know our cardmembers love to travel and see how their everyday travel spending can turn into meaningful rewards. Whether going to work, driving their kids to a soccer game, or escaping on a getaway, each purchase rewards them with ThankYou Points so they can more quickly get to their next vacation."
Meaningful Travel Benefits: Whether You Are Around the Corner or Around the World
The ThankYou Premier card enables cardmembers to earn rewards fast – and every day – from a variety of purchases, at an annual fee of $95:
- 3 points for every $1 spent on travel from gas, taxi and car service, parking, tolls and bike shares – to airfare, hotels, cruises, car rentals, travel agencies, railways, and more;
- 2 points for every $1 spent on dining out and entertainment, from sporting events, concerts and amusement parks to movie tickets, music downloads and more; and
- 1 point for every $1 on other purchases.
When ThankYou Premier cardmembers purchase travel on their card, they enjoy built-in benefits that provide value and peace of mind:
- No foreign transaction fees on international purchases.
- Global acceptance with chip technology.
- Worldwide car rental insurance for any rental car in any country including coverage against theft or damage up to $100,000.
- Roadside assistance almost anywhere in the U.S. at no cost.
- Lost baggage coverage if items are lost, stolen or damaged while on a plane, train, bus, or cruise, up to $3,000 per bag per trip or $2,000 per bag per trip for New York residents.
- Trip cancellation and interruption protection if unforeseen events get in the way, reimbursement for non-refundable expenses, up to $5,000 per trip.
- Baggage delay protection for delays of 6 hours or more, including reimbursement for necessary items, up to $100 per trip.
- Trip delay protection covers unplanned expenses for delays of 12 hours or more, up to $500 per trip.
ThankYou Points: Worth Even More When Redeeming for Trips
When redeeming for flights, hotels, cruises and car rentals through the ThankYou Travel Center, ThankYou Points are worth 25 percent more as compared to gift cards. For example, 30,000 ThankYou Points can be redeemed for $375 towards a flight on any airline, with no blackout dates – compared to $300 on gift cards. ThankYou Premier cardmembers also have the option to easily transfer their ThankYou Points to 13 elite travel loyalty programs.
ThankYou Points can also be redeemed for thousands of rewards – far beyond travel – including gift cards, merchandise, and more on www.thankyou.com. ThankYou Premier cardmembers can also Shop With Points on Amazon.com and purchase concert tickets on LiveNation.com. ThankYou Premier cardmembers can also use points as a credit towards charges on their credit card account, like dining, entertainment, utility bills, gas, grocery or drugstores, or to make online bill payments with an enrolled Citibank checking account.
For more information on ThankYou Premier, including how to apply, visit www.citi.com/thankyoucards.
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
Additional information may be found at www.citigroup.com | Twitter: @Citi | YouTube: www.youtube.com/citi | Blog: http://blog.citigroup.com | Facebook: www.facebook.com/citi | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/citi
Media Contact: Emily Collins, Citi, 718.248.3901, [email protected]
Share this article