ARNHEM, the Netherlands, November 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
A clean supply chain and plant power will trend strongly in 2017
Growing calls for transparency throughout the supply chain are taking clean & clear label to a new and supreme level. "Clean Supreme" and "Disruptive Green" lead Innova Market Insights' Top Ten Trends list for 2017. The trends will be presented in a live webinar to be broadcast on November 22 (10am EST/4pm CET).
"Interest in naturalness and clean label continues to feature strongly," according to Lu Ann Williams, Director of Innovation at Innova Market Insights. "It has become somewhat of a running theme through our trends forecasts in recent years. In 2008, 'Go Natural' led our trends list, and since then the theme has featured each year in different forms, such as 'Processed is Out' in 2011, 'From Clean to Clear Label' in 2015 and 'Organic Growth for Clear Label' in 2016. This year, clean & clear is a theme weaving throughout the entire list, but is specifically the case for trend #1 ('Clean Supreme')."
The top five trends for 2017 are:
- Clean Supreme: The rules have been rewritten and clean and clear label is the new global standard. The demand for total transparency now incorporates the entire supply chain, as a clean label positioning becomes more holistic. Trending clean supply chain claims include "environmentally friendly," which has shown a CAGR growth of +72% from 2011-2015 and "animal welfare," which has grown at +45% per year during this period.
- Disruptive Green: As plant-based milks, meat alternatives and vegan offerings have rapidly moved into the mainstream, consumers are looking for innovative options to take the inherent benefits of plants into their daily lives. Even dairy companies are now leveraging the functional and technical benefits of plants in new product development, driving more variety and excitement into their category.
- Sweeter Balance: Sugar is under pressure, although it remains the key ingredient delivering the sweetness and great taste that consumers are looking for. The quest to combine taste and health is driving NPD, as the industry faces the challenge of balancing public demand to reduce added sugars and create indulgent experiences, while at the same time presenting clean label products.
- Kitchen Symphony: Italian Lasagna is no longer enough - we want Melanzane Aubergine Al Forno! The connected world has led consumers of all ages to become more knowledgeable of other cultures. As a result, there is growing demand for greater choice and higher levels of authenticity in ethnic cuisines.
- Body in Tune: Consumers are increasingly personalizing their own nutrition intake, making food choices based around what they think will make them feel better. They are also experimenting with free from products and specific diets like paleo and low FODMAP. At the same time, consumers continue to increase their intake of foods and beverages with ingredients that they consider to be healthy, like protein and probiotics.
The other trends identified by Innova Market Insights are:
- Plain Sophistication
- Encapsulating Moments
- Beyond Pester Power
- Fuzzy Borders
- Seeds of Change
About The Innova Database:
The Innova Database (http://www.innovadatabase.com) is the product of choice for the whole product development team. See what food manufacturers are doing around the world in a way you never thought possible. Track trends, competitors, ingredients and flavors.
For media inquiries:
Liat Simha, firstname.lastname@example.org , Tel: +972-9-9742893
SOURCE Innova Market Insights