DENVER, Jan. 16, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Informed consent is one of the most important aspects of clinical research ethics. Ensuring that the patient is protected and well informed is essential. Yet, it's estimated that more than 1/3 of all eligible patients for a clinical trial won't consent due to lack of understanding of the informed consent form. Further, an analysis of 483 letters issued to sites shows that almost half (48 percent) of these letters related to issues surrounding the informed consent process.
Clearly this speaks to a need for a better process. Enter ClinOne, a provider of mobile and web applications designed to enhance patient, caregiver and site engagement, and our newest offering, Video e-Consent.
What does ClinOne's Video e-Consent tool offer you?
- Technology that blends video conferencing & e-signature (via DocuSign) into a single easy to use technology.
- Complete remote consenting in high-risk studies.
- Compliment virtual clinical trials.
- Ability to invite patients, caregivers and family members to the video consent process.
- Access to consent and re-consent video files if patients wish to reflect on the informed consent form.
- Multi-lingual support- invite preferred translation services provider on video call, as needed.
- More efficient use of research site resources.
- Cost/time savings inherent in re-consent process (consider many studies have 5+ re-consents).
- Better informed, more engaged patients.
What kinds of studies might benefit from use of ClinOne's Video e-Consent?
- Pediatric studies that require both parents to consent.
- Acute, hyper-acute studies that require immediate family consent, such as those involving patients who suffer a stroke, cardiovascular events or for burn victims.
- Rare disease trials where patients may travel long distances to/from the research site.
- Those involving patients with limited mobility, such as ALS or MS who require special considerations, since every single visit presents significant physical challenges.
- Complex trials where patients may be required to re-consent frequently.
"ClinOne's Video e-Consent tool has the potential to significantly improve the consenting process for patients and sites, while helping to cut costs for sponsors and CROs," says Rob Bohacs, CEO and co-founder of ClinOne.
ClinOne offers a complete suite of mobile and web applications to enhance patient, caregiver and site engagement. Currently, our solutions help support close to 3,000 clinical studies, across 1,900 research sites in over 50 countries. If you're interested in learning more or scheduling a demo, contact us. Visit www.clinone.com for more information.
SOURCE ClinOne, Inc.