FORT LEE, N.J., March 21, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Clipix, a new free web service, combines the best of online bookmarking with file sharing and organization into one easy to use tool. For the first time, users now have a single service solution for saving web content, uploading and sharing photos, and organizing documents all in one completely private or shareable space. Users simply go to www.clipix.com, drag and drop a "clip" button onto their browser bar, and then click whenever they find an item that they want to reference later. Clipix is accessible online and as a cross-mobile application on iPhone and Android devices.
Clipix allows users to clip items into existing Clipboards (such as "Articles I Want to Read" or "Vacation Ideas") and if the item does not fit into an existing category, users can simply create a new customized Clipboard. Each Clipboard can be saved as "private", "friends only", or "public," meaning users share their clips when they choose with whom they choose. Clipboards may contain a description and/or image of your clip or when needed just a custom thumbnail with text. Clipix is not limited to material found on the Internet; users can also add files like Excel, Word and PDF or pictures from your mobile device to Clipboards, making it ideal for personal and professional use.
In addition to Clipboards, Clipix also offers Multiboards and Syncboards™. A Multiboard is created by dragging several Clipboards into one "Main Category" Clipboard to better organize content, such as a "Food" Multiboard which then has separate "Breakfast", "Lunch", "Dinner" and "Dessert" recipe Clipboards housed within it. Syncboards are synchronized Clipboards that multiple users can access and add to, so they can easily collaborate with friends, family or co-workers in real time.
Clipix offers a number of features not available elsewhere, including:
- Privacy controls – The ability for users to save their Clipboards as private, friends only or public
- No legal concerns – Clipix has taken proactive steps to ensure users' online safety when clipping content from the web and protecting image owners' copyrights
- File uploads – Not only can users save images and links from the web, but they can also upload pictures and files such as Excel, Word or PDF's
- Custom thumbnails – With Clipix, there is no need for a pretty picture to go along with content as a custom thumbnail can be created instead of using an image from the web
- Multiboards – By bundling clipboards under one main category, users are better able to organize their life
- Syncboards –While other sites may allow for cooperative sharing, Syncboards give users a tool to share relevant content and collaborate in real time privately with just the other people they choose
- Mobile devices – Users can add or manage clips on the go with the Clipix application for the iPhone and Android devices
- No invitation – Clipix is available now to everyone with an e-mail address, Twitter or Facebook account
"Clipix is more than a page fold on the Internet. It was created as a tool to organize the hundreds of pieces of digital content we each collect, interact with and want to reference on a daily basis. Clipix is not about collecting pretty pictures, it's about being a useful tool in people's lives," said Clipix founder Oded Berkowitz. "The uses and applications of Clipix are endless. It's just as useful to the web surfer who wants to organize his funny videos into Clipboards as it is to a team of professionals collaborating on a project via Syncboards."
Clipix was founded in 2012 by Oded Berkowitz, a veteran wall street professional and a web entrepreneur. Clipix is a new free online tool that organizes the digital content in people's lives. Clipix was created out of a need for a tool that would allow people to save and share links, documents, photos and video with one click, and provide a visual and organized environment for all of the things they want to keep track of online. Visit www.clipix.com for more information.
For more information contact: