LONDON, June 8, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Summary
Canada's retail market for clothing is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 3.3% over the next five years, to reach CAD27 billion by the end of 2020. The share of the clothing sector in overall retail sales is set to reach 8.11% by 2020, from 8.08% in 2015. Over the forecast period, the per capita spending on clothing is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 2.4%.Online spending on clothing is expected to reach an estimated value of CAD3.3 billion by the end of 2020, registering a CAGR of 21.68% over the forecast period. This growth is largely driven by the increasing number of consumers shopping online, especially the millennials.
- Increasing penetration of smartphones, wider choice of products and convenience is driving the sales of clothing and footwear through the online channel.
- Women categories dominate the clothing and footwear market in 2015.
- Footwear sales are expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.71% during 2015-2020.
- Clothing, footwear, accessories and luxury goods specialists command the major share, accounting for 61.6% of total sales in the clothing sector.
"Clothing and Footwear Retailing in Canada - Market Summary and Forecasts" is a detailed sector report providing a comprehensive analysis of the emerging trends, forecasts and opportunities to 2020.
What else does this report offer?
- A thorough analysis of consumer trends changing economic and population factors
- Both qualitative and quantitative insights and analysis of the shifting clothing and footwear retail dynamics for men's clothing, women's clothing, children's clothing, men's footwear, women's footwear, and children's footwear from 2010 to 2020
- Sales of clothing and footwear products through the following channels from 2010 to 2020: Clothing, footwear, accessories and luxury goods specialists; department stores; other specialist retailers; online; hypermarkets, supermarkets and hard-discounters; value, variety stores and general merchandise retailers; other general and non-specialist direct retailers; cash and carries and warehouse clubs and duty free retailers
- An overview of key clothing and footwear retailers operating across Canada and their presence across distribution channels
Reasons To Buy
- Gain a comprehensive knowledge on clothing and footwear sector in the Canada retail market and develop a competitive advantage from the start of your supply chain
- Investigate current and forecast behaviour trends in clothing and footwear category to identify the best opportunities to exploit
- Analyze the recommended actions to align your marketing strategies with the crucial trends influencing the consumer behavior
- Understand the fastest growing categories including menswear, womenswear, childrenswear, men's footwear, women's footwear and children's footwear in the market, with insights on performance across key channels from 2010, with forecasts until 2020
- Explore novel opportunities that will allow you to align your product offerings and strategies to meet demand by analyzing the vital economic and population trends, key consumer and technology trends influencing the clothing and footwear market
- Analysis of key international and domestic players operating in the clothing and footwear market - including store counts and revenues that give you a competitive edge - identify opportunities to improve your market share
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3621796/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/clothing-and-footwear-retailing-in-canada--market-summary-and-forecasts--comprehensive-overview-of-the-market-consumer-and-competitive-context-with-retail-sales-value-and-forecasts-to-2020-300281968.html