LOS ANGELES, May 17, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Cloud Constellation Corporation today introduced the world's first space-based network infrastructure for cloud service providers, large enterprises and governments. The SpaceBelt™ Information Ultra-Highway™ is a unique cloud infrastructure designed to provide secure storage and transport of mission-critical, sensitive data without interruption or exposure to any surreptitious elements or unintended jurisdictions.
As cloud storage projections continue to rise, the number of organizations moving to the Cloud continues to escalate. Between the need to lower costs and increase ROI, it's clear that cloud storage is here to stay.
- Bypasses the Internet to secure data – Organizations of all sizes are exposed to leaky Internet and leased lines, along with jurisdictional hazards. SpaceBelt provides an all-in-one global cloud network that protects critical information to secure sensitive data from hijacking, theft, monitoring and sabotage.
- High throughput with major infrastructure savings – Costs a fraction of what it would take to build a terrestrial data center network that globally reaches corporate offices without ever touching another network, if even possible.
- Solves a multitude of diverse storage security requirements – Circumventing today's pandemic cybersecurity crisis, SpaceBelt protects critical and sensitive data for a diverse range of organizations, including:
- Medical and pharmaceutical – Formulas and research data, patient privacy and image archiving
- Universities and archives – Libraries, Social Security data and research
- Transportation and utilities – Air traffic control data and SCADA networks
- Energy and government – Exploration data, aerial drones and embassies
- Media – Video clouds, bypassing congested/delayed and expensive networks
- Banking and insurance – Global operations, jurisdictional risks and regulatory compliance
Mike Matchett, senior analyst and consultant, Taneja Group, said:
"Common wisdom is that there are two hard limits to global data management today – first, global data transmission is limited by the speed of light (fiber optic) and second, the safest data protection plan involves replication to other locations, potentially violating regulation/laws. Cloud Constellation's plan to break through both of those limits has the potential to become literally 'superior' to cloud storage solutions today. The deployment of actual satellite-based secure storage has the potential to keep critical data out of the hands of earth-bound hackers while supporting global communications at half the latency of today's terrestrial multi-hop networks. The sky apparently is no longer the limit!"
Hooshang Kaen, Cloud Constellation vice chairman and co-founder, said:
"SpaceBelt, quite remarkably, is a cloud network above all others. It provides uncompromising security and jurisdictional compliance on its own global cloud network infrastructure for point-to-point and meshed communications, entirely bypassing the Internet, leased lines and all makeshift solutions."
Scott Sobhani, Cloud Constellation CEO and co-founder, said:
"Over the past three years, we've achieved design breakthroughs uniquely enabling us to send data stored on SpaceBelt to just about any spot on earth in nearly a third of a second. For a global enterprise, it will mean having a network ring of data centers on a laser highway in space connecting each of its offices around the world – providing unrivaled data access and control."
About Cloud Constellation Corporation
Cloud Constellation's SpaceBelt™ is a patent-pending high-speed global cloud storage network of space-based data centers, each seamlessly interconnected together to provide exclusive and secure cloud infrastructure to service providers, enterprises and governments around the world. Additional information is available at www.SpaceBelt.com
Nadel Phelan, Inc.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cloud-constellation-corporation-introduces-spacebelt-the-information-ultra-highway-300269629.html
SOURCE Cloud Constellation Corporation