ATLANTA, Jan. 22, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Clutch Technologies, www.driveclutch.com, continues to define the car subscription category with the launch of the Clutch Subscription Platform – a suite of products that meets the needs of every driver. This expanded offering of Clutch products provides many of the benefits of subscription to those who prefer to own or lease a vehicle. Now dealers and OEMs can establish recurring relationships with every customer as a basis to sell valuable products across the ownership lifecycle.
"Clutch's vision has always been to improve the lives of every driver," said Vince Zappa, president of Clutch Technologies. "In multi-vehicle subscription, our initial product, we set out to solve the hardest and most comprehensive problems first. We knew that the resulting technology platform could then be used to build an array of products that would serve the needs of many different consumers, offering even more simplicity, variety and flexibility in their transportation choices." Zappa continued, "The common thread is that these products allow the industry to shift from transactional to continuous relationships. If dealers and OEMs establish ongoing relationships, learn what is needed from consumers, and provide ongoing value, the result will be a virtuous circle of retention and profitability, regardless of the specific products a consumer is using."
The Clutch Subscription Platform uses the same technology that powers Clutch's "full-time" subscription products, Single Vehicle Subscription and Multi-vehicle Subscription. Every element of Clutch's platform, from payments to telematics, is working to deliver an exceptional client and consumer experience. The key advancement is that the Clutch Subscription Platform expands Clutch's algorithms to assign and ultimately maximize the usage of vehicles across several different products from a shared fleet.
The Clutch Subscription Platform includes:
- Service Pickup and Delivery: Dispatches staff to pick up vehicles for service and deliver loaners and also leverages Clutch's partnership with fleet management software provider TSD to create loaner agreements at the customer's location.
- Extended Test Drive: Allows consumers to try one or more vehicles for an extended period of time, typically on a paid-for basis, which is effectively a mini-subscription. Consumers can select the vehicles they want to drive and receive suggestions based on feedback.
- On-demand Rental: Provides a dealership's existing customers with the right to rent additional vehicles for purposes such as a trip, a project or a visit from family, or to accommodate a specific vehicle need. For added convenience, vehicles can be delivered, with the rental agreement being executed at the delivery location.
- Fractional Subscription: Provides consumers with the right to drive additional vehicles for a monthly fee (e.g., three days per month for a $100 monthly fee). This product can be sold in dealership F&I departments or subsequent to a purchase. It can be combined with other products, such as a service contract with pickup and delivery, to create an owner subscription.
- Single Vehicle Subscription: Provides an alternative to ownership on new or used vehicles. It can be used to solve problems such as filling gaps between leases or providing a vehicle for shorter-term residents. Those who simply prefer to subscribe can pay a premium to have their vehicle managed for them.
- Multi-vehicle Subscription: Provides the ultimate consumer driving experience. Consumers flip between vehicles as their needs change, while letting their subscription provider take care of all the hassles of ownership.
Zappa added, "In designing the Clutch Subscription Platform, we drew on five years experience of operating our direct-to-consumer 'subscription lab' and on countless hours of discussions with automotive customers. For example, we have seen consumers using subscription to achieve an extended test drive of several vehicles across multiple weeks, then go on to purchase one of those vehicles. Similarly, we have had consistent and strong interest from dealers and OEMs who want to use our software to launch products such as add-on fractional subscriptions and service pick-up and delivery. Now we are extending our platform to offer fully-fledged products that address those opportunities."
The full suite of new Clutch-powered products will roll-out in the first quarter of 2019. To learn more about the Clutch Subscription Platform, please visit www.driveclutch.com.
About Clutch Technologies
Clutch Technologies is the leader in consumer subscription software for the automotive industry. Clutch's Subscription Platform enables dealers and OEMs to serve the needs of many different consumers through its full suite of products which includes Service Pickup and Delivery, Extended Test Drive, On-demand Rental, Fractional Subscription, Single Vehicle Subscription and Multi-vehicle Subscription. Clutch is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cox Automotive. Learn more about Clutch at www.driveclutch.com.
About Cox Automotive
Cox Automotive Inc. makes buying, selling, owning and using cars easier for everyone. The global company's 34,000-plus team members and family of brands, including Autotrader®, Clutch Technologies, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, VinSolutions®, vAuto® and Xtime®, are passionate about helping millions of car shoppers, 40,000 auto dealer clients across five continents and many others throughout the automotive industry thrive for generations to come. Cox Automotive is a subsidiary of Cox Enterprises Inc., a privately-owned, Atlanta-based company with revenues exceeding $20 billion. www.coxautoinc.com
SOURCE Clutch Technologies