CHICAGO, May 24, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- CME Group Inc. (NASDAQ: CME) today announced the preliminary shareholder voting results from its 2017 annual meeting.
At the meeting, shareholders:
- elected Terrence A. Duffy, Timothy S. Bitsberger, Charles P. Carey, Dennis H. Chookaszian, Ana Dutra, Martin J. Gepsman, Larry G. Gerdes, Daniel R. Glickman, Leo Melamed, Alex J. Pollock, John F. Sandner, Terry L. Savage, William R. Shepard and Dennis A. Suskind each for a one-year term expiring in 2018;
- ratified the appointment of Ernst & Young LLP as our independent registered public accounting firm for 2017;
- approved, on an advisory basis, the compensation of our named executive officers;
- approved, on an advisory basis, holding future votes on the compensation of our named executive officers on an annual basis;
- approved the amended and restated CME Group Inc. Incentive Plan for named executive officers; and
- approved the amended and restated CME Group Inc. Omnibus Stock Plan.
In addition, the company's Class B-1 shareholders elected Jeffrey M. Bernacchi, Gedon Hertshten and Howard J. Siegel for one-year terms; Class B-2 shareholders elected Ronald A. Pankau and David J. Wescott for one-year terms, and Class B-3 shareholders elected Elizabeth A. Cook for a one-year term, each ending in 2018.
The official results and voting percentages for each of these proposals will be disclosed in a report to be filed early next week with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
As the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is where the world comes to manage risk. Through its exchanges, CME Group offers the widest range of global benchmark products across all major asset classes, including futures and options based on interest rates, equity indexes, foreign exchange, energy, agricultural products and metals. CME Group provides electronic trading globally on its CME Globex platform. The company also offers clearing and settlement services across asset classes for exchange-traded and over-the-counter derivatives through its clearinghouses CME Clearing and CME Clearing Europe. CME Group's products and services ensure that businesses around the world can effectively manage risk and achieve growth.
CME Group, the Globe logo, CME, Chicago Mercantile Exchange, Globex and E-mini are trademarks of Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc. CBOT, Chicago Board of Trade, KCBT and Kansas City Board of Trade are trademarks of Board of Trade of the City of Chicago, Inc. NYMEX, New York Mercantile Exchange and ClearPort are trademarks of New York Mercantile Exchange, Inc. COMEX is a trademark of Commodity Exchange, Inc. Dow Jones, Dow Jones Industrial Average, S&P 500 and S&P are service and/or trademarks of Dow Jones Trademark Holdings LLC, Standard & Poor's Financial Services LLC and S&P/Dow Jones Indices LLC, as the case may be, and have been licensed for use by Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/cme-group-inc-announces-preliminary-results-from-its-2017-annual-meeting-of-shareholders-300463283.html
SOURCE CME Group Inc.