CHICAGO, Feb. 14, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- CME Group today announced its slate of candidates for election to serve on the company's Board of Directors. CME Group shareholders will vote for directors at the company's annual meeting to be held Wednesday, June 8, 2011.
The Class A and Class B shareholders voting together will elect eight candidates to the Board. Additionally, the Class B-1 and Class B-2 shareholders will each elect a candidate to the Board. The candidates will be elected to a three-year term.
The following candidates will be elected by the Class A and Class B shareholders voting together:
- Craig S. Donohue, 49, Chief Executive Officer
- Timothy S. Bitsberger, 51, Managing Director, Official Institutions FIG Coverage Group of BNP PNA and current director
- Jackie M. Clegg, 48, Managing Partner, Clegg International Consultants, LLC and current director
- James A. Donaldson, 66, Independent Trader and current director
- J. Dennis Hastert, 69, Retired Speaker of the House of Representatives and current director
- William P. Miller II, 55, Managing Director and Chief Financial Officer, Financial Markets International, Inc. and current director
- Terry L. Savage, 66, Financial Journalist and Author, President, Terry Savage Productions, Ltd. and current director
- Christopher Stewart, 53, Chief Executive Officer, Gelber Group, LLC and current director
One candidate from each of the following Class B-1 and Class B-2 nominees will be elected to the Board.
Nominees for Class B-1 director are:
- Bruce F. Johnson, 68, Independent Trader, Packers Trading Company, Inc. and current director
- Aryeh (Leon) C. Shender, 56, Retired Trader
Nominees for Class B-2 director are:
- Patrick B. Lynch, 45, Independent Floor Trader and current director
- Ronald A. Pankau, 54, Independent Floor Trader
As the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is where the world comes to manage risk. CME Group exchanges offer the widest range of global benchmark products across all major asset classes, including futures and options based on interest rates, equity indexes, foreign exchange, energy, agricultural commodities, metals, weather and real estate. CME Group brings buyers and sellers together through its CME Globex® electronic trading platform and its trading facilities in New York and Chicago. CME Group also operates CME Clearing, one of the largest central counterparty clearing services in the world, which provides clearing and settlement services for exchange-traded contracts, as well as for over-the-counter derivatives transactions through CME ClearPort®. These products and services ensure that businesses everywhere can substantially mitigate counterparty credit risk in both listed and over-the-counter derivatives markets.
The Globe logo, CME, Chicago Mercantile Exchange, CME Group, Globex, E-mini and CME ClearPort are trademarks of Chicago Mercantile Exchange Inc. CBOT and Chicago Board of Trade are trademarks of the Board of Trade of the City of Chicago. NYMEX and New York Mercantile Exchange are trademarks of New York Mercantile Exchange, Inc. COMEX is a trademark of Commodity Exchange, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Further information about CME Group (Nasdaq: CME) and its products can be found at www.cmegroup.com.
SOURCE CME Group