Philips Groom U expert tutors students on the manly arts of shaving and grooming
To view the Social Media Release, click here: http://smr.newswire.ca/en/philips-electronics-ltd/coach-niki-and-her-cheerleaders-take-their-man-grooming
MARKHAM, ON, Sept. 23, 2011 /PRNewswire/ - Coach Niki and her squad of Philips Groom U cheerleaders kick off a cross-Canada campus tour on September 22 to educate young Canadian men on the daily opportunities they have for self-expression through smart, stylish grooming.
"Shaving and grooming are manly arts that many guys learn from their dads, or they just pick up on their own. Coach Niki's Groom U lesson plan teaches that unique, personal touches can transform predictable and mundane routines into something extraordinary," said Veronica Castillo-Ruiz, Marketing Manager, Philips. "Daily grooming is truly a rare opportunity for self-expression and for young men to convey their individuality. Our range of Philips male grooming products, help young men do that with confidence and ease."
Coach Niki will be leading the two-day crash course in the student centres and at a campus sporting event at 10 Canadian campuses throughout September and October. Besides encouraging campus men to open up to the possibilities for self-expression that are available to them, the Philips Groom U team will provide products and tips for incorporating a unique personal style into daily grooming routines.
Coach Niki will also be on the lookout for students who embody a unique element of self-expression, making the 10 campuses she is visiting a more enjoyable place to live, learn and play. She will award products from the Groom U toolbox to 10 stand-out students from each campus. Those who visit www.PhilipsGroomU.ca (live Sept. 22) and learn about male grooming, will have a chance to be awarded a $10,000 cash scholarship from Philips.
Groom U Classes in Session at:
|Groom U Timetable|
|Campus||Class Day 1||Class Day 2|
|University of Alberta, Edmonton AB||22-Sept: Student Centre 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.||24-Sept: Campus Football Area Homecoming Game 10:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|University of British Columbia, Vancouver BC||24-Sept: Campus Football Arena Homecoming Game 10:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.||27-Sept: Student Centre 10:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|York University, Toronto ON||24-Sept: Campus Football Arena Homecoming Game 10:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.||19-Oct: Student Centre 10:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|Guelph University, Guelph ON||24-Sept: Campus Football Arena Homecoming Game 10:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.||20-Oct: Student Centre 10:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|University of Ottawa, Ottawa ON||24-Sept: Campus Football Arena Homecoming Game 10:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.||26-Oct: Student Centre 10:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
|McGill University, Montreal QC||28-Sept: Student Centre 10:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.||30-Sept:Campus Football Arena 12:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.|
|Wilfrid Laurier University, Waterloo ON||29-Sept: Student Centre 10:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.||1-Oct:Campus Football Arena 10:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|University of Western Ontario, London ON||29-Sept: Student Centre 10:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.||1-Oct:Campus Football Arena Homecoming Game 10:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
|University of Waterloo, Waterloo ON||5-Oct: Student Centre 10:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.||6-Oct: Campus Football Arena 4:30 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.|
|Dalhousie University, Halifax NS||20-Oct: Student Centre 10:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.||21-Oct: Student Centre 10:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.|
Skipped the class? Follow Coach Niki on Twitter @CoachNikiKnows and include the hashtag #PhilipsGroomU or watch her on YouTube at www.youtube.com/user/PhilipsGroomU (live Sept. 22).
Groom U Toolbox
Too many men look at daily grooming as a chore they have to get through, when in fact it's a rare opportunity for self-expression, to create your own style. Philips is replacing the utilitarian tools of the past with products, tools and an attitude that enables a truer individual to shine through with the following tools of expression.
Choose Your Comfort Zone with Wet and Dry Electric Shavers from Philips
The Philips AquaTouch is the tool of choice for those with a tight schedule and a strict budget. Fully waterproof and optimized for use with gel or foam, guys on the go can shave and style in the shower. A pop-up trimmer is perfect for maintaining sideburns and a moustache, while the three-minute quick charge means they won't ever miss a shave.
Notes on the Philips AquaTouch:
- More than 50 minutes of cordless shaving on one charge, or three-minute quick charge for one shave
- Built in dual blade system lifts hairs to cut comfortably closer
- Aquatec seal protects skin during dry or wet shave
- Philips AquaTouch shavers range in price from $79.99 to $149.99 and are available at major retailers across Canada including: Best Buy, Future Shop, Canadian Tire, Personal Edge, Jean Coutu, Loblaws, London Drugs, Sears, Shoppers Drug Mart, The Bay, VSRG and Walmart
Do you really want to treat yourself? The SensoTouch 3D is the world's premier wet and dry electric shaver using Aquatec technology, which allows use of gels, foams or dry. The Gyroflex system traces every contour of the face. Aquatec + Gyroflex = a flawless and effortless shave every time.
Notes on the Philips SensoTouch 3D/2D Series:
- SkinGlide technology for smooth, low friction shaving
- UltraTrack shaver heads cathces every hair in just a few strokes
- Jet Clean system cleans, lubricates and charges the shaver ensuring a fresh new shave every day
- Philips SensoTouch 3D/2D series shavers range in price from $149.99 to $329.99 and are available at major retailers across Canada including: Best Buy, Future Shop, Canadian Tire, Personal Edge, Jean Coutu, Loblaws, London Drugs, Sears, Shoppers Drug Mart, The Bay, VSRG and Walmart
Cultivate Sensational Stubble with the Philips Stubble Trimmer
For Groom U students looking to ditch the baby-faced teen look and replace it with sexy stubble, the Groom U toolbox offers the Philips Stubble Trimmer. The Stubble Trimmer features precise cutting to any length, even as short as 0.5mm, and has hardened steel blades that are sharper than titanium and cut hairs without pulling.
Notes on the Philips Stubble Trimmer:
- Philips SteelWave technology uses revolutionary, wave-shaped blades that channel and cut hair for a precise, even trim
- Ergonomic design makes it easy to use and comfortable to hold
- Cleaning brush and hair comb included
- The Philips Stubble Trimmer is $44.99 and is available at major retailers across Canada including: Best Buy, Future Shop, Canadian Tire, Personal Edge, Jean Coutu, Loblaws, London Drugs, Sears, Shoppers Drug Mart, The Bay, VSRG and Walmart
Get Back to Body Basics with the Philips Bodygroom Pro
From neck to toe the Bodygroom Pro is designed to adjust to every curve and slope of a man's body. With rounded blades and combs made from hypo-allergenic materials, the Bodygroom Pro prevents scratching and irritation.
Notes on the Philips Bodygroom Pro:
- All-in-one integrated trim and shave head allow you to tame or remove unruly hair
- Cordless with eight hours of charge
- Wet and dry use
- Five integrated length settings (three-11 mm)
- Philips Bodygroomers range in price from $44.99 to $79.99 and are available at major retailers across Canada including: Best Buy, Future Shop, Canadian Tire, Personal Edge, Jean Coutu, Loblaws, London Drugs, Sears, Shoppers Drug Mart, The Bay, VSRG and Walmart
About Royal Philips Electronics
Royal Philips Electronics of the Netherlands (NYSE : PHG , AEX: PHI) is a diversified health and well-being company, focused on improving people's lives through timely innovations. As a world leader in healthcare, lifestyle and lighting, Philips integrates technologies and design into people-centric solutions, based on fundamental customer insights and the brand promise of "sense and simplicity." Headquartered in the Netherlands, Philips employs over 120,000 employees with sales and services in more than 100 countries worldwide. With sales of EUR 22.3 billion in 2010, the company is a market leader in cardiac care, acute care and home healthcare, energy efficient lighting solutions and new lighting applications, as well as lifestyle products for personal well-being and pleasure with strong leadership positions in male shaving and grooming, portable entertainment and oral healthcare. News from Philips is located at www.philips.com/newscenter.
SOURCE Philips Electronics Ltd.