LONDON, April 14, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Synopsis
Timetric's 'Coal Mining in the US to 2020' report comprehensively covers US reserves of coal by states and proximate analysis of US coal versus coal produced by other major countries, the historic and forecast data on coal production and production split by grade, type, production by state and basin, coal prices, historic and forecast coal consumption and by type and exports, exports by country and by major ports.
The report also includes factors affecting demand for coal, profiles of major coal producing companies and information on the active, exploration and development coal projects.
The Fiscal Regime section provides information about the country's regulatory authority, laws, licenses and other fiscal regime information such as taxes, rates and other charges applicable to the mining of the commodity in the country.
It is an essential tool for companies active in the US mining and for new competitors considering entering the industry.
The US has abundant natural resources which include coal, copper, gold, iron ore and uranium. The country had 237.3 billion tonnes (Bnt) of proven coal reserves in 2014, accounting for 26.6% of the global total. Sub-bituminous and lignite accounted for 128.8Bnt or 54.3%, while the remaining 108.5Bnt or 45.7% was bituminous coal.
In 2014, the US was the second largest global producer of coal after China, producing 906.6 million tonnes (Mt) or 12.9% of global production, up by 1.5% compared with 2013. The key coal producing states were Wyoming, West Virginia and Kentucky. Over the forecast period (2015–2020), coal production is expected to decrease to 823.7Mt in 2020.
The report contains an overview of the US coal mining industry together with the key factors affecting the industry and demand for the commodity.
It also provides information about US reserves, historic and forecast data on coal production, production by grade and type, consumption and exports, the competitive landscape and active, exploration and development coal projects.
Reasons To Buy
Gain an understanding of the coal mining industry in the US, coal reserves, historic and forecast data on coal production, coal prices, consumption and exports, demand drivers, active, exploration and development coal projects, the competitive landscape and the country's fiscal regime.
- Coal deposits in the Powder River Basin (PRB), located in the southeast of Montana and the northeast of Wyoming, are of sub-bituminous grade, with low sulfur content in the range of 0.4 to 0.7%. The calorific value of the aforesaid deposit is in the range of 4,558.6–4,892.2 Kcal/kg.
- The Illinois Basin (ILB) covers 65% of Illinois and parts of Indiana and western Kentucky. Coal deposits in this basin are high-volatile bituminous grade with approximately 93% having sulphur content of more than 2%.
- The US federal and state bodies have separate roles and responsibilities related to resource exploration and development. Mineral resources are owned by state or federal governments rather than private individuals. The Department of Interior, the Office of Surface Mining Reclamation and Enforcement, the Mine Safety and Health Administration and the Environmental Protection Agency are the main governing bodies for mining in the US.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3171298/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/coal-mining-in-the-us-to-2020-300251180.html