DUBLIN, Apr. 5, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "College Course Materials Market Trends & Forecast 2016" report to their offering.
College Course Materials Market Trends & Forecast 2016 provides an overview of the changing market for instructional resources in higher education.
Sizing and context for the market segments are provided for new course materials, new textbooks (print), digital media (including etextbooks) and used textbooks. The report discusses market segment sales estimates for the 2014-2015 academic year and provides segment sales projections through 2019.
In the higher education landscape, change is touching every ivy-covered brick quadrangle and laptop station at Starbucks wherever students learn.
- Where and how students acquire their post-secondary certificates or diplomas and sometimes badges increasingly varies just as does the description of the traditional' college student.
- Colleges and universities increasingly are putting more focus on ensuring that students successfully complete their degrees and do so in a reasonable amount of time. The freshman flunk-out course, long a staple for weeding out the non-college ready, is ceding ground.
As a result, the course materials industry also is confronting change. Change is not just the migration from print to digital but how to offer and deliver resources that will help each student successfully navigate individual courses and move toward successful completion of a degree.
Topics in College Course Materials Market Trends & Forecast 2016 include:
- Current and projected student enrollment by institutional type
- Changing shape of the for-profit career-college market segment
- Growth in appeal of distance learning for college students
- State fiscal support for higher education in fiscal 2016
- Outlook for federal student aid and expanding access
- Course materials sales by segments for 2014-2016
- Drivers of growth in digital media
- Inroads by open educational resources (OER)
- Continued relevance of textbook rental programs
- Competitive analysis of four leading course materials providers
- Disruption in distribution channels
- Bookstore changes and digital initiatives
- Growth of publisher ecommerce channels
- Trends shaping the higher education market in the next several years
- Course materials segment sales projections through 2019
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1: Market Size And Structure
Chapter 2: Course Materials
Chapter 3: Distribution
Chapter 4: Conclusions And Outlook
- American U Store
- Barnes & Noble
For more information about this report visit
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/college-course-materials-market-trends--forecast-report-2017---research-and-markets-300435384.html
SOURCE Research and Markets