AUSTIN, Texas, July 7, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Comal County, Texas has purchased a new election solution and switched from their current vendor to Hart InterCivic, enabling the County to significantly reduce costs and increase overall election efficiency.
- Comal County will save considerably in election programming, ballot printing, and preventative maintenance costs. They will also save significantly on their annual license and support fees.
- With the purchase of the Hart solution, the County will provide voters with added privacy; voters will be able to select any open voting booth to carefully choose their ballot selection and cast their vote.
- County poll workers will be able for the first time to open polls, assign ballots, close polls, and consolidate reports for all the voting machines at one time using polling place controllers. This process will help to accelerate the County's reporting of election results.
- The County's electronic poll book and the Hart election solution will be fully-integrated, helping to automate ballot style selection, reduce errors and speed up the voter line on Election Day.
- The new devices are smaller and lighter, so they will be easier to transport and store; reducing the County's carbon footprint and warehousing needs.
- The Hart voting devices do not require calibration; therefore, the County will no longer need to be concerned with calibration issues or the possibility that a machine could misinterpret a voter's selection.
Phillip Braithwaite, President and CEO of Hart InterCivic, said, "The Hart election solution provides Comal County with a complete overhaul of their current outdated election technology. Comal County voters, poll workers and election staff will benefit from the Hart election solution. We are pleased to offer the County the most secure, accurate and reliable system currently certified by the Texas Secretary of State. The Hart solution will prove to be a great long-term investment for the County. We welcome Comal County to the Hart family and look forward to a positive on-going relationship."
Hart InterCivic is a full service election solutions innovator, partnering with state and local governments to deliver secure, accurate and reliable elections. Working side by side with election professionals for more than 100 years, we share our customers' dedication to ensuring the sanctity of the vote. Our mission is to help advance democracy one election at a time. This mission fuels our passionate customer focus and our continuous drive for technological innovation that makes voting more straightforward, more equitable and more accessible—and makes managing elections more transparent, more efficient and easier.
Headquartered in the vibrant city of Austin, Texas Hart InterCivic fosters an environment that spurs innovation and empowers employees to deliver great experiences to our customers.
SOURCE Hart InterCivic, Inc.