LONDON, Oct. 13, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Analyzing the Growth of Dual Therapy Inhalers
Combination inhalers – oral inhalers containing two drugs that complement the therapeutic actions of one another – have seen a significant increase in development activity and product proliferation in the past five years. Growth is being driven by improved patient experience as derived from ease-of use (fewer devices/medications to administer) and for many patients improved control of symptoms associated with upper airway diseases. Combination inhalers most commonly consist of an inhaled corticosteroid in combination with a bronchodilator. These products are realizing significant commercial success in the two markets for which they are indicated – Asthma and COPD - both of which are forecast to grow at impressive rates for the remainder of the decade.
Market-driven Product Strategies
A longer life span is expected to translate to a growing number of patients diagnosed with chronic conditions. To counteract the financial and medical infrastructure implications of this trend, pressure from the public sector and managed care organizations will place a premium on therapeutic self-administration, an expectation that is creating an increased interest in routes of administration that are patient-friendly and cost-effective. Pharma company decision makers have come to the realization that for many products, success no longer only depends on the medication itself but also on achieving a consumer-compatible form of packaging and application.
- Analyzes the market for combination (dual drug) oral inhalers
- Assesses oral inhalation device technology for delivering multiple drugs, and evaluates product technology issues and evolving market factors
- Provides detailed assessments of combination drug inhalers, their growth prospects and market potential
- Evaluates development-stage dual therapy inhalers and assesses likely market entry timelines
- Provides market data and forecasts for dual drug oral inhaler products to 2022
- Profiles inhaled drug product market participants, their technology, product development activity, and business strategies
- Evaluates the impact of economic, technology, and regulatory factors on inhaled drug companies and their alliance partners
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3326172/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers