INDIANAPOLIS, Feb. 18, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- For the first time, Stanley Black & Decker (NYSE: SWK), which continues to grow its Stanley Healthcare Solutions platform, is showcasing its combined strengths with its recently integrated, wholly owned subsidiary InfoLogix, Inc. at the HIMSS11 (Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society) Annual Conference and Exhibition (Booth # 6263). Together, the organization, a leading global provider of patient security and healthcare inventory management solutions, serves nearly 5,000 hospitals and more than 800 commercial organizations, and ranks as one of the Top 30 healthcare IT companies in North America.
"Stanley Healthcare Solutions, joined by InfoLogix, is working to develop new products and services, leveraging electronic medical records (EMR) and mobility to rapidly scale the business, as well as offering unsurpassed healthcare consulting services. By delivering productivity and security solutions for healthcare, we can minimize the need for time spent managing activities and enable healthcare professionals to return to the patients' bedsides where the best care is provided," said Teresa May, Chief Strategy Officer, Stanley Black & Decker Convergent Security Solutions.
The combination of Stanley Healthcare Solutions and InfoLogix uniquely provides strategic services, products and technology to deliver results. HIMSS11 attendees have the opportunity to meet with members of the entire organization, to discuss the latest strategies for improving patient care and financial outcomes through best-in-class workflow and resource management solutions.
Integrated solutions provided by the combined organization include:
- Strategic mobility solutions and technology, designed to help hospitals drive towards meaningful use by enabling clinicians to wirelessly access healthcare applications directly at the point of care
- EMR assessment and implementation services, delivered by consultants experienced in information systems, management engineering, hospital management and clinical and revenue cycle healthcare disciplines (Healthcare Informatics Associates)
- Strategic cost management consulting services designed to elevate the financial performance of hospitals through improved productivity while focusing on patient safety, quality and service (Delta Health)
- InfoLogix ST7 Mobile Workstation – Engineered to support critical patient care functions such as clinical documentation, computerized physician order entry (CPOE), bedside medication verification and vitals monitoring
- ST7 LiFe Battery (Lithium Iron Phosphate) – Dramatically improves clinician workflow by recharging in about one hour, a mere fraction of the time of other power solutions currently in place at hospitals
- Stanley Healthcare Solutions latest safety, security and supply chain management solutions such as the Hugs®/Kisses® Infant Protection System and Space Trax Point of Use™ and NoCount™ Inventory Management Solutions
"The combination of Stanley Healthcare Solutions and InfoLogix provides hospitals with powerful new ways to improve patient care and financial outcomes. Together, we understand the unique operational, clinical and cultural challenges of healthcare organizations, and how to make technology solutions succeed," said David Gulian, President of InfoLogix.
About Stanley Healthcare Solutions
Stanley Healthcare Solutions is a leading provider of safety, security, and supply chain management solutions for healthcare. Our market-leading products are trusted by thousands of hospitals and senior care facilities worldwide. Our smart storage solutions include supply/procedure carts, cabinets and casework, small carts, open storage, heavy-duty storage, and inventory management systems. In the senior care market, Stanley Healthcare offers a full range of resident safety applications, including wander management, fall management and emergency call. Our suite of patient security products provides individualized protection to patients in multiple departments, from newborns in the obstetrics to adults in the emergency department. As one of Stanley's growth platforms, Stanley Healthcare Solutions will continue to expand its range of specialized products and solutions for healthcare, building on our years of experience in meeting the needs of clinical users, and the Stanley legacy of quality and innovation.
About InfoLogix, Inc.
InfoLogix is a leading provider of enterprise mobility and advanced wireless asset tracking solutions for the healthcare and commercial industries. InfoLogix uses the industry's most advanced technologies to increase the efficiency, accuracy, and transparency of complex business and clinical processes. With 19 issued patents, InfoLogix provides mobile managed solutions, on-demand software applications, mobile infrastructure products, and strategic consulting services to over 2,300 clients in North America including Kraft Foods, Merck and Company, General Electric, Kaiser Permanente, MultiCare Health System and Stanford School of Medicine. InfoLogix is a wholly owned subsidiary of Stanley Black & Decker and operates within the Stanley Healthcare Solutions business platform.
Nearly 30,000 professionals are anticipated to attend HIMSS11 between February 21 – 24 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, Fla. HIMSS is a cause-based, not-for-profit organization exclusively focused on providing global leadership for the optimal use of information technology (IT) and management systems for the betterment of healthcare. Two-thirds of HIMSS members work in healthcare provider, governmental and not-for-profit organizations, and the organization also includes over 470 corporate members and more than 85 not-for-profit organizations that share the mission of transforming healthcare through the effective use of information technology and management systems.
SOURCE Stanley Black & Decker