DUNCANVILLE, Texas, Dec. 9, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- "The commodity super-cycle continues to move aggressively forward with higher prices seen in the energy, metals, and agricultural sector with no let-up in sight. This is an exciting time for investors interested in the energy sector," says Joseph R. Dancy, Adjunct Professor of Law at Southern Methodist University and manager of the LSGI Venture Fund L.P.
Dancy noted in an interview with James Puplava of the Financial Sense Newshour that global economic growth is fueling demand for commodities, especially from fast-growing Asian countries, and supply issues are resulting in significantly higher prices for crude oil. "We will most likely see triple digit crude oil prices for at least part of 2011," according to Dancy.
LSGI issued a report on the energy sector on December 7, 2010 that discussed:
- The International Energy Agency's (IEA) revisions to global oil demand forecasts
- Increased merger and acquisition activity in the oil and gas sector
- The UK Industry Taskforce report on the "Implications of the Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill"
- Two active shale plays - the Eagle Ford Shale and Bakken Shale
- Triple digit crude oil pricing projections for 2011
- Long term weather trends for the winter, and the impact on natural gas usage
- The investment outlook for smaller companies
"Smaller energy companies are starting to substantially outperform the market," according to Dancy. "Historically small firms outperform coming out of a recession, and with crude oil prices at $85 a barrel it is very profitable for energy firms to develop leasehold in domestic shale plays".
Firms mentioned by LSGI in the report include FX Energy Inc. (Nasdaq : FXEN ), GeoResources Inc. (Nasdaq : GEOI ), Evolution Petroleum Corporation (ASE: EPM) and Crimson Exploration Inc. (Nasdaq : CXPO ).
A link to the December 2 Puplava interview and LSGI energy report is located at the firm's website www.LsgiFund.com.
About LSGI Advisors:
LSGI Advisors Inc. manages the LSGI Venture Fund L.P., a Texas limited partnership. For more information please visit: http://lsgifund.com/
SOURCE LSGI Advisors Inc.