NEW YORK, Oct. 24, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- The stakes are higher than ever to ensure that their organizations are protected from a security and compliance perspective, but new survey data from Blissfully shows that IT and ops pros underestimate the number of SaaS apps their organizations use by half.
Visibility Statistics Include:
- 68% of organizations run on mostly or all SaaS.
- Almost 1/4 operate solely on SaaS.
- Businesses use nearly twice as many SaaS apps as they think! And the gap is worse at larger orgs.
- 94% of IT practitioners say that balancing data control and employee empowerment is their top concern.
- 80% of businesses are likely to need a SaaS management platform.
According to 2017 data, only 38% of companies were operating on mostly SaaS. Just two years later, new Blissfully survey numbers show that the majority of organizations (68%) operate on mostly or all SaaS. With fast app growth and limited visibility into the SaaS stack, nearly half (42%) of IT and ops pros surveyed said that balancing security and employee empowerment was a top priority which needs improvement.
Blissfully also looked into data surrounding compliance at over 1,000 of the top SaaS applications on the market.
Some key statistics include:
- 71% are GDPR compliant.
- On the other hand, just 18% have either secured SOC 2 or ISO 27001, with 13% having both.
- GDPR shows faster adoption than SOC 2
- Adoption follows size: companies with < $1 million in funding have ~7% compliance with SOC 2, while companies with > $100 million or more in funding have about 45% compliance.
This report is based on direct and survey data from more than 1,000 organizations, conducted through a combination of Blissfully's customers and a third party research firm.
For the full report, including data, information on these trends, key takeaways, and more, head to: Blissfully SaaS Trends 2020: IT & Compliance Edition.
The full report is available at:
Blissfully is the first SaaS management platform built for growing businesses, giving IT, HR, Security, and Business Operations teams a collaborative space to provision access, define processes, enforce security and compliance, maintain records, and automate repetitive tasks. Blissfully is headquartered in New York City. For more information, please visit www.blissfully.com