NEW YORK, Oct. 9, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Compass, the real estate technology company, today announced several new product enhancements bringing it closer to realizing its vision of a streamlined home buying and selling experience powered by the industry's first end-to-end software platform.
As part of its efforts to empower consumers engaged in real estate transactions, Compass launched updates to its web and mobile search experiences, including:
- AI-Powered Recommendations: Newly launched recommendation features—Recommended For You and Similar Homes—use Artificial Intelligence to deliver relevant listings to consumers who are searching across Compass.com.
- Similar Homes displays relevant listings that are comparable to the listing currently being viewed, based on location, price, bed/bath count, square footage and other important features of the home.
- Recommended For You displays relevant listings based on the users' past search and viewing history.
- Collections is a first-of-its-kind visual workspace that allows agents and clients to collaborate, discuss, and monitor the market in real-time on iOS and Android. Now with enhanced design, organization and new status update & comment features, it is a true game changer in the real-estate industry.
- Listing Agent Transparency: Compass is the first company to display the true listing agent on every listing, regardless of brokerage affiliation, so buyers always get the information from the person that knows the most about the listing.
- A Singular Dynamic Search Across All Markets: Compass users can now search seamlessly across multiple geographies, including across state lines. This allows users to search multiple cities, towns, schools and neighborhoods at once (e.g. a user searching the New York tri-state area can browse properties in Westchester, NY and Greenwich, CT at the same time).
- Dynamic Map Search: Listing information now dynamically updates as the user moves the map and a larger viewing area allows for ease and flexibility.
- Improved listing pins now clearly differentiate Compass listings (black) from other listings (green).
- Users can more easily draw custom boundaries with a move of their mouse or swipe of their finger to find their perfect neighborhood.
Not only is Compass focused on a better consumer experience, they are also building a smarter experience. Behind the scenes, a 320+ person team of software engineers and AI scientists across New York, Seattle and Washington, DC are building predictive technology to help users find better homes, faster.
"AI and machine learning have revolutionized entire industries and real estate is no exception," said Compass CTO Joseph Sirosh. "We have seen incredible momentum in 2019, including the addition of more than 200 engineers and AI scientists. With our significant investments and advancements in these technologies, Compass is redefining real estate by empowering both consumers and agents."
Compass' end-to-end platform makes it easy for users to find their perfect home on Compass.com, and work with a Compass agent to guide them through the transaction. Tools on the platform, including Collections, make it easy for consumers and Compass agents to collaborate.
"Compass Collections has been a game changer for my business. It makes collaboration with my clients so easy and efficient" said Compass Agent Jeffrey Saad. "I use Collections to curate houses for my buyer clients and as part of listing presentations for my seller clients. It is superb technology that is intuitive to use, saves me time, and makes the process of buying and selling a home easier and more efficient for my clients."
These updates are part of Compass' ongoing journey to improve the real estate experience for consumers and agents alike.
"The process of buying or selling a home is often thought of as daunting and difficult, and Compass is changing that," said Compass Founder & CEO Robert Reffkin. "All of our software, tools and programs are designed to empower sellers, buyers and agents to have the best experience, and ultimately find their place in the world."
Compass is streamlining the home buying and selling experience by building the industry's first end-to-end software platform. Founded in 2012, Compass combines the best technology and personalized service to power all real estate activities in 100+ U.S. cities, in service of our mission to help everyone find their place in the world.