JConnect.org Links Local Community to Events, Camps and Schools, Senior Activities, Holiday Celebrations, Israel, Learning, Employment, Volunteering and More
WASHINGTON, Sept. 15, 2011 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The website for the Greater Washington Jewish community, www.JConnect.org, has been vastly updated and expanded into a dynamic and comprehensive new resource mirroring the diverse ages and interests of the local Jewish population.
Designed to encourage all area Jews to click to get connected to the Jewish community, JConnect.org is an easy and ever-changing way to find information most relevant to one's own Jewish life. With resources on topics such as cultural events, learning, volunteering and congregational life, the website welcomes participation in a wide range of social events, arts performances, educational programs, worship and holiday observance, professional opportunities and more.
Visitors to the site may search for information by type of activity or by age group or through categories that reflect their identities and needs – students, singles, seniors, families with special needs, interfaith couples, or gay/lesbian/bi-sexual/transgender individuals, for example.
JConnect.org also offers:
- Events: A robust community calendar that's easy to use for research, posting new happenings, and planning events in the Jewish community. Visitors may also register for weekly e-mail updates on their top-priority interests.
- Community Directory: The one place to find everything Jewish in Greater Washington including: congregations, Jewish schools and preschools; kosher restaurants; and organizations that offer services in the community.
- Participate: A resource-packed section on volunteer opportunities for individuals, families and groups; congregational activities; arts and culture offerings; leadership and networking programs.
- Careers: An up-to-date list of jobs in Jewish organizations and institutions in Maryland, D.C. and Northern Virginia and some other U.S. Jewish communities.
- Learning: Lifelong learning is a Jewish value, and this section presents ways to ask questions and explore through courses, conferences and special events. It also connects you to The Partnership for Jewish Life & Learning E-Concierge offering a more detailed search feature for learning opportunities throughout the community.
- Israel and You: Options for travel to Israel, volunteering in Israel and discussion about the Jewish state as well as exhibitions and films at the Israeli embassy and other locations in the Washington area. Coming soon: Israeli interactive map
- News/Resources: Headlines of Jewish interest locally, nationally and from around the world, plus information for newcomers to the community, for parents of newborns and general resource lists.
JConnect.org was developed with funding from The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington and is the result of collaborative input from a wide range of Jewish organizations including congregations, schools and direct service providers.
CONTACT: Stacye Zeisler, +1-301-230-7263, Stacye.firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE The Jewish Federation of Greater Washington