RESTON, Va., Sept. 27, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- comScore today announced the launch of Activation, a new product suite that helps advertisers, agencies and media companies efficiently reach the right audiences at the right time while ensuring ad delivery in relevant and brand safe content. With Activation, clients use the same trusted data from comScore's planning and measurement products to create scalable audience segments, which are easily deployed in client-owned or third-party advertising platforms. comScore Activation is currently available in more than 15 leading ad tech platforms, including Adobe, AppNexus, Centro, Salesforce, Tru Optik and Videology.
Early customers are already using Activation to create demographic and advanced audience targets based on comScore's TV, over-the-top, digital and cross-platform behavioral data. Using digital demographic targets from Activation, they are seeing significant improvements in in-target campaign delivery rates. Clients can also ensure quality delivery through Activation's leading contextual and verification technology that accounts for brand safety, viewability and invalid traffic.
"The media industry is moving in the direction of advanced audience segmentation and more intelligent, quality campaign delivery," said Dan Hess, executive vice president of products at comScore. "comScore Activation provides our clients with a number of ways to find and activate their most valuable audience segments based on consumers' behaviors across all platforms as well as to ensure ads will be delivered in quality, brand safe environments. This allows them to extract greater value out of the advertising ecosystem and drive stronger ROI."
With this solution, advertisers are executing TV retargeting campaigns by segmenting audiences based on TV campaign exposure to strategically extend reach to unexposed audiences online. They are also retargeting exposed audiences across desktop and mobile to achieve frequency goals, often at a lower CPM. Many are also creating lookalike models to grow their customer base and deliver messaging they know will resonate. Additional use cases are included below.
The comScore Activation Advantage
comScore Activation was developed to address four core data activation needs:
- Scale: Activation is powered by comScore's massive data footprint, which consists of behavioral data across desktop, mobile and TV audiences.
- Precision: A combination of big data, artificial intelligence and machine learning assets allow granular targets to be created so clients can precisely reach audiences with confidence.
- Quality: A contextual engine based on proprietary pattern-profiling methodology allows clients to add page-level relevance and brand safety analysis to their campaign delivery with levels of precision and scale other semantic and keyword approaches cannot provide.
- Neutrality: Committed to neutrality, comScore Activation is available to clients on a direct basis or for use in programmatic buying platforms, but comScore does not engage in any targeting, buying or selling of media.
comScore Activation Use Cases for Media Buyers and Sellers
Below are just several examples of ways media buyers and sellers have already leveraged comScore Activation:
- Extend existing target audiences by applying characteristics and interests via lookalike modeling to increase scale and brand exposure.
- Fine-tune audience targeting with customizable behavioral- and interest-based segments to connect with customers via highly tailored campaigns.
- Protect brand and budget by delivering to viewable and brand-safe pages leveraging precise page-level content attributes that include pre-bid viewability and IVT attributes.
- Meet demanding campaign guarantees with higher in-target demographic delivery leveraging the same trusted audience measurement technology found in flagship comScore solutions.
- Create unique inventory packages across sites and sections that leverage granular and highly customizable content categories and audience interests.
- Earn higher CPMs for premium segments by selling inventory that is brand safe, viewable and free from fraud.
To get started using comScore Activation today, please contact us.
How Clients Are Using comScore Activation
"Advertisers demand greater accuracy in audience targeting and more robust pre-bid content filtration to validate their spend and protect their brands. comScore provides an extensive range of products that help AppNexus partners to meet those demands and drive higher ROI."
Dan Smith, director of strategic partnerships, AppNexus
"Advertisers use Centro's Basis platform with the expectation of greater flexibility in pre-bid content filtration and demographic targeting without compromising on brand-safety or relevance. Recent campaigns on our platform show that using comScore insights yield up to 6x in-target delivery. This illustrates the quality, effectiveness and value of comScore's data."
Ian Trider, director of RTB platform operations, Centro
"We take pride in offering our clients quality data that they can use to improve ad effectiveness and resonance. The addition of quality comScore insights will allow us to further execute on this mission by helping our clients better monetize audiences and engage their target consumers across OTT and Connected TV."
Andre Swanston, CEO and Co-Founder, Tru Optik
"Videology works with comScore in several areas to help our platform clients across both media buyers and sellers to develop precise audience segments—an important need as the use of advanced data solutions continues to grow for TV and video advertising. Consumers' shifting viewing consumption has created demand for greater targeting, and comScore Activation further helps to support this marketplace trend."
Aleck Schleider, SVP client and data strategy, Videology
comScore, Inc. (OTC: SCOR) is a leading cross-platform measurement company that precisely measures audiences, brands and consumer behavior everywhere. comScore completed its merger with Rentrak Corporation in January 2016, to create the new model for a dynamic, cross-platform world. Built on precision and innovation, our unmatched data footprint combines proprietary digital, TV and movie intelligence with vast demographic details to quantify consumers' multiscreen behavior at massive scale. This approach helps media companies monetize their complete audiences and allows marketers to reach these audiences more effectively. With more than 3,200 clients and global footprint in more than 75 countries, comScore is delivering the future of measurement. For more information on comScore, please visit comscore.com.
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Statements
This release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933 and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, including, but not limited to, expectations regarding the impact and benefits to comScore from comScore Activation and the comScore advertising suite of products, financial or otherwise. These statements involve risks and uncertainties that could cause our actual results to differ materially, including, but not limited to: the features and characteristics of the products, the rate of development of the digital marketing intelligence, Internet advertising and e-Commerce markets; the growth of the Internet as a medium for commerce, content, advertising and communications; and the acceptance of new products.
For a detailed discussion of these and other risk factors, please refer to comScore's most recent respective Quarterly Reports on Form 10-Q, Annual Reports on Form 10-K and from time to time other filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC"), which are available on the SEC's Web site (http://www.sec.gov).
Stockholders of comScore are cautioned not to place undue reliance on forward-looking statements, which speak only as of the date such statements are made. comScore does not undertake any obligation to publicly update any forward-looking statements to reflect events, circumstances or new information after the date of this press release, or to reflect the occurrence of unanticipated events.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/comscore-launches-activation-solution-suite-to-improve-audience-targeting-and-advertising-relevance-using-tv-digital-and-cross-platform-data-300526657.html