DUBLIN, February 13, 2014 /PRNewswire/ --
Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3k6msz/emerging) has announced the addition of the "Concise Analysis of New Opportunities in the Philippines' Cards and Payments Industry" report to their offering.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20130307/600769 )
Over the forecast period, the prepaid cards category is expected to record the highest growth at a CAGR of 15.77% due to increased adoption by the government and corporate companies. The card volume will increase from 11.2 million cards in 2013 to 20.0 million in 2017. The cards and payments industry benefits from international remittances due to the large number of Filipinos migrating to other countries. Remittance money rose by 5.7% to US$6.9 billion in the first quarter of 2013 and it is expected to grow further as more Filipinos seek employment abroad.
As competition intensifies, banks are implementing innovative strategies to attract new customers and retain existing ones. Shopping rebates, raffles, installment programs, discounts and freebies at partner retail merchants on credit card purchases are common tactical promotions. The number of card transactions was positively impacted by the interconnectivity of domestic ATM and POS terminal network operators such as MagaLink, BancNet and Expressnet.
Reasons to Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to the Philippines' cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities within the Philippines' cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Philippines' cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into the marketing strategies used for selling various types of cards in the Philippines.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Philippines' cards and payments industry.
Key Topics Covered:
1 Executive Summary
2 Market Attractiveness and Future Prospects of Cards and Payments Industry
3 Emerging Consumer Attitudes and Trends
4 Competitive Landscape and Industry Dynamics
5 Strategies Adopted by Key Operators
6 Size and Growth Potential of Card Payments Channel
7 Company Profiles, Products and Marketing Strategies
- BDO Unibank
- The Bank of the Philippine Islands
- The Land Bank of the Philippines
- American Express
- Citibank Philippines
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/3k6msz/emerging
Media Contact: Laura Wood, +353-1-481-1716, firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE Research and Markets