DESTIN, Fla., Jan. 25 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Concordis Group, Inc. (Pink Sheets: CNGI), a growing financial holding company, announced today the hire and appointment of Edward Valaitis as the Chief Operating Officer. In addition, Mr. Valaitis has been elected to the Board of Directors of Concordis Group, Inc.
In this new position, Mr. Valaitis will be responsible for many aspects of the day to day management of the company, which includes oversight of the operating companies, business development, human resources, acquisition support, strategic planning and marketing. He will work closely with CEO Trent Sommerville and the Board of Directors to achieve the firm's vision.
Mr. Sommerville stated, "I'm gratified and immensely excited that we were able to attract and hire Edward Valaitis as he fills a critical role in our organizational plan as we build a world class management team to execute our growth strategy."
Mr. Valaitis commented, "I'm honored and appreciative of the opportunity to work with Mr. Sommerville, the management team and investors as we embark on a growth strategy centered on effectively serving our clients needs."
Mr. Valaitis has more than 24 years of experience building, managing, and leading high quality companies. His corporate experience includes:
- Managing Director for Resource Global an $800 million publicly traded company spun off from Deloitte & Touche—provides accounting, risking consulting, supply chain, and system implementation consulting services.
- Partner at Amper, Politziner and Mattia a CPA firm with practice responsibility over the risk consulting, Sarbanes Oxley, SAS, 70 and Information Security Services.
- Co-Founder of BDO Seidman's highly profitable Risk Consulting Division which he built from zero to $30 million in revenue in three years.
- Managing Director of the Financial Services Practice of Root Learning Inc., an internationally recognized consulting firm specializing in strategy development and change management serving clients including Prudential, American Express and Morgan Stanley.
- National Director at Jefferson Wells International during his tenure he was instrumental in helping grow this start-up firm from zero to $120 million in revenue in four years. (Ranked as the 5th fasting growing company by INC Magazine.)
- Prior to the above positions Mr. Valaitis held commercial banking positions with Deutsche Bank for a decade.
Mr. Valaitis earned his Bachelor of Science Degree in Business Management from Meyers University and graduated with Beta Gamma Sigma honors from his MBA program at Cleveland State University. He is an active member of the CEO Council, Association for Corporate Growth, and Financial Executives International. He has also earned a Certificate of Director Education from the National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD).
About Concordis Group, Inc.
Concordis Group, Inc. is a diversified holding company that provides investment brokerage services and business insurance products for its clients. The company provides these products and services through its two wholly owned subsidiaries: Concordis Insurance SPC and Puritan Securities, Inc.
The company's acquisition strategy focuses on finding companies that will create additional synergy and have positive cash-flow, strong growth potential and highly qualified management teams. These industry sectors include financial services and insurance.
SOURCE Concordis Group, Inc.