WASHINGTON, Jan. 21 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- U.S. Reps. Todd Akin (R-MO) and Jim Jordan (R-OH) will speak at Family Research Council's Blogs for Life Conference on Friday, January 22nd from 8:30-11:30 a.m. The fifth annual conference of pro-life bloggers and online social media activists will be held at Family Research Council's headquarters, located at 801 G Street, NW.
Rep. Akin represents suburban St. Louis and is a long-time champion for women and their unborn children and is the recipient of FRC Action's True Blue Award in honor of his staunch pro-family voting record. Now in his fifth term in Congress, he serves as a leading member of the Armed Services Committee. He also serves on the Science and Technology and Small Business committees.
Rep. Jordan is in his second term representing Ohioans living in the state's Fourth Congressional District. He received the Defender of Life Award as a state legislator, and is now a leading pro-life advocate in Congress. He is also a recipient of FRC Action's True Blue Award. Rep. Jordan serves on the Budget, Judiciary and Oversight and Government Reform committees.
In addition to the Congressmen, the conference will feature such prominent pro-life leaders as FRC President Tony Perkins, Jill Stanek, Marjorie Dannenfelser and Dr. Charmaine Yoest, all speaking with bloggers live from Family Research Council's headquarters. Speakers will discuss opportunities for the pro-life movement as recent polls show a growing majority of Americans identify themselves as pro-life. Pro-life leaders will also lay out strategies to advance the pro-life message in the face of a hostile Congress and White House.
The event will also Webcast live on www.frc.org, providing an opportunity for pro-life bloggers and blog readers to participate in the March, even if they cannot travel to Washington, D.C.
- Tony Perkins, President, Family Research Council
- Todd Akin, Representative, 2nd District of Missouri
- Jim Jordan, Representative, 4th District of Ohio
- Jill Stanek, Blogger and Speaker, JillStanek.com
- Charmaine Yoest, Ph.D., President and CEO of Americans United for Life
- Dr. David Prentice, Senior Fellow, Family Research Council
- Joseph Farrah, Founder and CEO, WorldNetDaily
- Katie Walker, Communications Director, American Life League
- Carol Clews, Executive Director, Center for Pregnancy Concerns, Baltimore, MD
- Kristin Hansen, Vice President for Communications, Care Net
- Kristen Day, Executive Director, Democrats for Life
- Marjorie Dannenfelser, President, Susan B. Anthony List
- Peter Shinn, President, Pro-life Unity
- Molotov Mitchell, Founder and President, Illuminati Pictures
- Krystle Weeks, Web Editor, Family Research Council
WHAT: The fifth annual conference dedicated to advancing the pro-life message through the Web
WHEN: Friday, January 22, 2010, 8:30-11:30 a.m. ET
Where: Family Research Council, 801 G. Street, NW Washington, D.C. 20001
RSVP: online at www.blogs4life.com (click on Register)
SOURCE Family Research Council