LONDON, Jan. 25, 2017 /PRNewswire/ --
The Connected Patient
For self-administration, adherence with drug therapy and disease management protocols has become a primary concern within the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries. For chronic conditions adherence has a direct effect on the patient's quality-of-life. Connected devices - drug delivery devices that are designed to address the patient adherence issue by reminding and recording data about patient dosing activity and making it available to HCPs - are gaining interest among industry and managed care participants. Efforts to enhance adherence have a non-negligible effect on drug formulations and delivery decisions, and are a significant factor in the prescribing decisions of most physicians. The connected device ecosystem includes OEM device suppliers, drug developers, human factors consultants and aftermarket thirdparty devices.
Market-driven Product Strategies
A longer life span is expected to translate to a growing number of patients diagnosed with chronic conditions. To counteract the financial and medical infrastructure implications of this trend, pressure from the public sector and managed care organizations will place a premium on therapeutic self-administration, an expectation that is creating an increased interest in routes of administration that are patient-friendly and cost-effective. Pharma company decision makers have come to the realization that for many products, success no longer only depends on the medication itself but also on achieving a consumercompatible form of packaging and application.
'Much of the activity surrounding connected drug delivery devices is focused on chronic diseases - conditions where the ability of caregivers to access data on patient self-administration activities, patient reported outcomes, and feedback on the user experience can yield significant benefits in patient Quality of Life.'
What You Will Learn
- What drug delivery devices incorporate connectivity technology, how do they work and what new capabilities do they offer to patients and their HCPs?
- What benefits do connected drug delivery devices provide to patients in the area of improved adherence? Patient safety and reported outcomes? HCP/patient communication?
- What therapeutic areas are the current focus of connected devices?
- Who are the companies behind the push to connected idelivery devices? What are their development activities and corporate alliances and affiliations?
- What is the importance of pharma-device alliances and design partnerships on connected drug delivery device commercialization and market access?
- What does the current market for connected drug delivery devices look like? What will it look like in 2020?
- What are the key market drivers for the growth of connected drug delivery devices?
Report Value Chain - Who Should Read this Report
- Drug Developers
- Device Suppliers
- Clinical Trial Mgmt
- Pharma Managers
- Biotech Managers
- Drug Marketers
- Industry Strategists
- Financial Analysts
- Clinical Managers
- Drug Distributors
- Pharma Regulators
- FDA Consultants
- Managed Care Managers
Research methodology is based on primary research in the form of in-depth interviews with key market participants, technology developers, distributors, industry experts, and market influencers, a list that includes regulatory officials, industry trade groups, and materials standards organizations. Primary data is evaluated and normalized against secondary sources including trade journal articles, technical literature, industry publications, company data sheets and published information, and statistical data from government agencies and trade associations. Forecasts and projections of market demand and future market activity are derived using standard
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/4252394/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/connected-drug-delivery-devices-markets-players-strategies-and-forecasts-300396908.html