WASHINGTON, Aug. 25, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- ChemicalSafetyFacts.org, a consumer-oriented website that provides clear, science-based information about the safety of chemical ingredients in everyday products, is re-launching with a fresh look and new, engaging design. The website, developed by the American Chemistry Council (ACC), also provides content translated into additional languages, making information about chemicals more accessible to a global audience.
Key features of the ChemicalSafetyFacts.org revamp include:
- Global perspective: Chemical safety information that is translated into Simplified Chinese and Spanish.
- Optimized content: A cleaner, more attractive design that is accessible on a wider variety of platforms.
- Smoother browsing: A more thoughtful user experience that offers enhanced chemical information search options and other navigational features.
- Mobile experience: Streamlined web pages that are easier to scroll for information, whether viewing on mobile or desktop.
- Topical features: Suggested content and related resources that are highlighted throughout the website, leading to a more user-intuitive experience.
ChemicalSafetyFacts.org will continue to feature the latest news and information on specific chemicals, their uses and benefits, and provide an overview of safety information. Feature articles on the site address a range of chemical safety topics and issues (such as Vaccine Ingredients and Safety: A Close-Up Look and Chemical Ingredients 101: How to Read a Product Label), and the site links to videos, infographics and news articles from a variety of sources that provide information on chemical uses and safety.
ChemicalSafetyFacts.org was first launched in 2014, in response to growing consumer interest in transparent, accessible, science-based information about the chemical ingredients that are found in, and are essential to, the products that people use every day.
Follow @ChemSafetyFacts on Twitter.
The American Chemistry Council (ACC) represents the leading companies engaged in the business of chemistry. ACC members apply the science of chemistry to make innovative products and services that make people's lives better, healthier and safer. ACC is committed to improved environmental, health and safety performance through Responsible Care®, common sense advocacy designed to address major public policy issues, and health and environmental research and product testing. The business of chemistry is a $797 billion enterprise and a key element of the nation's economy. It is the nation's largest exporter, accounting for fourteen percent of all U.S. exports. Chemistry companies are among the largest investors in research and development. Safety and security have always been primary concerns of ACC members, and they have intensified their efforts, working closely with government agencies to improve security and to defend against any threat to the nation's critical infrastructure.
SOURCE American Chemistry Council