Deadline for entries extended to June 11
ROCKVILLE, Md., June 7 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Smokefree Women everywhere are invited to share their quitting experience in a video contest celebrating "Smokefree Voices." The National Cancer Institute is using the video contest to promote their new "Smokefree Women" campaign. They hope to capture a variety of quitting experiences and reasons for quitting — from those who want to quit, those who have quit, or those who want to encourage a woman (or women) to quit.
To enter, just create a video — no longer than 2 minutes — about why being smokefree is important to you and upload it to YouTube. Select from two submission categories:
- Why I am a smokefree woman
- Why I want YOU (family member, friend, or just women in general) to be a smokefree woman
Three winners will be selected in each category with individual prizes of up to $2,000. Deadline for entries is Friday, June 11. Winners will be announced on Independence Day, July 4, 2010.
Here's how to enter:
- Review the contest rules & eligibility (visit: http://women.smokefree.gov/videocontest_rules.aspx)
- Create a video that is no longer than 2 minutes
- Create a YouTube account & upload your video to YouTube (see the YouTube HELP section for detailed instructions)
- Complete the contest entry form on the Smokefree Women website — don't forget to include your YouTube video URL (visit: http://women.smokefree.gov/videocontest.aspx)
- Join YouTube Group: SFW Celebrating Smokefree Voices Video Contest
Questions about the contest should be directed to: NCISmokefreeTeam@mail.nih.gov.
Women.Smokefree.gov is a 24-hour interactive community of women who are looking for their own personal way to quit smoking. Working behind the scenes is a team of professionals and a really big girlfriend network... all dedicated to helping women quit smoking. Help is available via live chat or phone (1-877-44U-QUIT) from counselors who can answer specific questions and help women design a personalized quit plan. Visit Women.Smokefree.gov and join the Smokefree Women community today!
SOURCE Smokefree Women