BALA CYNWYD, Pa., Jan. 25, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Context Asset Management, a provider of alternative mutual funds for retail and institutional clients, today announced the launch of the Context Strategic Global Equities Fund (Institutional Shares: CGPGX).
The Fund, which is sub-advised by Granite Peak Asset Management, LLC, uses a consistent and repeatable systematic investment process, and is designed to deliver exposure to global developed equity markets while providing downside protection in severely declining markets. The Fund will primarily invest in developed equity index futures with a risk mitigation overlay and a modest value tilt.
"Recent market shocks have shown how investing in unprotected risk premia can lead to extreme losses," said Daken Vanderburg, Managing Partner and Chief Investment Officer of Granite Peak Asset Management, LLC. "Investors and financial advisors need a way to preserve their capital in severely declining markets while still capturing the benefits of a developed global equity portfolio, and this fund is designed to do just that. We appreciate the strong support of the Context team and their contributions to our growth and success."
John Culbertson, President and Chief Investment Officer of Context Asset Management, said, "We believe liquid alternative funds should satisfy three simple criteria—provide returns that are differentiated from traditional risk assets, offer a positive asymmetric return profile, and capture an efficient risk-adjusted return. Daken and his team at Granite Peak fit exactly what we're looking for in a subadvisor, and they are a strong addition to our network of alternative fund managers."
"At Context, we believe volatility and quantitative equity-focused strategies are best positioned to offer alpha opportunities in market environments with higher expected inflation and rising interest rate volatility," continued Mr. Culbertson. "Given recent market shocks in the form of Brexit and the U.S. election, we are seeing investors and financial advisors increasingly looking to diversify away from traditional risk assets by allocating to alternative sources of return in investment vehicles that offer daily liquidity."
Granite Peak Asset Management, LLC, is responsible for the day-to-day management of the portfolio, and is subject to the general oversight of Context Advisers III, LLC, which serves as Investment Adviser.
Prior to founding Granite Peak, Mr. Vanderburg spent four years as a Senior Investment Associate for Bridgewater Associates, an alternative asset management firm. Between 2008 and 2010, Mr. Vanderburg was the Head of Research and a Portfolio Manager at Chartwell Investment Partners, a registered investment adviser. Between 2000 and 2008, he was a Partner and Chief Executive Officer at Gamma Capital Partners, a quantitative hedge fund.
About Granite Peak Asset Management
Founded in 2013, Granite Peak Asset Management, LLC is an investment management firm with a global purview and a focus on downside protection. Granite Peak provides advisory services for pooled investment vehicles and separately managed accounts. The firm is headquartered in Easton, CT.
About Context Asset Management
Context Asset Management is an innovative provider of alternative mutual funds for retail and institutional clients. The firm uses a sub-advisor model that allows proven alternative investment managers to focus on managing client capital, with the support of an experienced investment, operations and distribution team. Context's mutual fund offerings include Context Macro Opportunities Fund (CMOTX), a single-manager, multi-strategy fund and manages approximately $103.7 million in assets (as of December 31, 2016), and Context Strategic Global Equity Fund (CGPGX), a global equity fund with downside risk protection. To learn more, please visit www.contextam.com.
About Context Capital Partners
Context Capital Partners, LP is an alternative specialist company that allocates its capital to talented investment managers and whose subsidiaries offer a diverse range of investment strategies, including hedge funds, liquid alternative mutual funds, and private equity funds. Through its unique approach to evaluating and overseeing highly-differentiated and specialized funds, Context seeks to identify opportunities in both liquid and illiquid markets and serves as a full financial and operational partner for its subsidiaries. Since inception, Context has led seed deals totaling more than $400 million in aggregate. The firm's subsidiary businesses include Context Asset Management, Context Summits, Context BH Capital Management, Context Liberty Bell, Context Jensen Partners, and Context Business Credit.
Context Capital Partners is headquartered in Bala Cynwyd, PA. For more information about Context Capital Partners, visit www.contextcp.com.
212.279.3115 ext. 252
Prosek Partners is a public relations firm engaged by Context Asset Management, LP.
Before investing you should carefully consider the Context Strategic Global Equities Fund's investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses. This and other information about the Fund is in the prospectus, a copy of which may be obtained by calling 1-844-511-9653. Please read the prospectus carefully before you invest.
An investment in the Fund is subject to risk, including the possible loss of principal amount invested. Risks are detailed in the prospectus and include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Investments in futures contracts involve additional costs, may be more volatile than other investments and may involve a small initial investment relative to the risk assumed.
- The Fund may use derivatives (including futures, options and swap agreements ) to enhance returns or hedge against market declines. The fund's derivative investments have risks, including the possible default of the other party to the transaction; and the illiquidity of the derivative investments.
- Investing in exchange-traded funds (ETFs) subject the Fund to substantially the same risks as those associated with the direct ownership of the securities or other property held by the ETFs.
- Foreign investments may be subject to the same risk as domestic investments and to additional risk which include international trade, currency fluctuation, and political, regulatory and diplomatic risks, which may affect their value. Foreign investments may also suffer from a lack of timely or reliable financial information.
- The Fund is "non-diversified", investing in fewer securities at any one time than a diversified fund.
- Investments in small and medium capitalization companies may be less liquid and their securities' prices may fluctuate more than those of larger, more established companies.
- The Fund intends to derive at least 90% of its gross income each taxable year from qualifying income in order to qualify as a regulated investment company under Subchapter M of the Internal Revenue Code. Changes in the tax laws of the United States could negatively affect the Fund.
- Newly organized Funds have no assurance that active trading markets will be developed or maintained.
Foreside Fund Services, LLC, distributor. (www.foreside.com)
SOURCE Context Asset Management