LONDON, May 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Copper sulphate or cupric sulphate (CuSO4) is a salt of copper which exists in varying amounts of hydration.
Most commonly, it is found as bright blue or green colored crystals, called pentahydrate (CuSO4.5H2O). Copper sulphate has wide range of applications and has been used since ages for manufacturing a variety of products ranging from fungicides to paints.
Here are some Key Findings of the Study:
- The global copper sulphate market is currently being driven by a continuously increasing global population and an ever-growing demand for food.
- This market grew at a CAGR of around 12% during 2009-2016.
The report has segmented the global copper sulphate market on the basis of its end-uses:
- Copper sulphate finds wide ranging applications encompassing a number of industries such as farming, animal husbandry, healthcare, industrial, etc.
- One of the biggest market for copper sulphate is the agricultural sector where it is employed majorly in fungicides, herbicides, fertilizers, etc. followed by the animal husbandry sector.
- In the healthcare sector, it is used in sterilizers and disinfectants. Other sectors include the adhesives, building, chemical, textiles industries, etc. where it is used to manufacture products like insecticides, wood preservatives and paints.
The report has segmented the global copper sulphate market according to its key regions:
- Asia-Pacific region represents its biggest consumer. Influenced by the presence of large agricultural and animal husbandry industries, this region accounts for the majority of the total global consumption.
- Asia Pacific was followed by North and South America and Europe.
- Based on the analysis of the global import and export data, the report finds that the United States currently represents the largest importer of copper sulphate accounting for around one fifth of the total global import volumes.
- The United States was followed by Australia, Canada, Indonesia and Netherlands.
- The Russian Federation is the world's largest exporter of copper sulphate accounting for around one fifth of the total global exports.
- The other major exporting countries were Chinese Taipei, Mexico, China and Canada.
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/copper-sulphate-market-witnessed-growth-of-12-cagr-from-2009-to-2016-300457895.html