NEW YORK, July 23, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Corgentum Consulting, a leading provider of operational due diligence reviews and background investigations, announced today that it will be hosting a webinar focused on current trends in investigative due diligence techniques for investors evaluating hedge funds and private equity managers as part of operational due diligence (ODD). It will take place on Wednesday, July 31, 2019 beginning at 10:30am EDT.
Webinar topics will include:
- How do current privacy laws in the US, Europe and Asia influence the investigative due diligence process? What is the impact of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)?
- What impact do recent regulatory changes have on background investigations?
- Overview of the five key areas typically covered during background investigations:
- Criminal checks
- Litigation searches
- Regulatory searches
- Factual information review (i.e. – previous employment, educational background, and professional certifications)
- News and social media reviews
- What other areas can be analyzed during a background investigation?
- Understanding the pros and cons of reference checks
- How to decide which individuals and entities should be investigated?
- Use of big data analytics and artificial intelligence in background investigations?
- How frequently should ongoing investigations be performed?
- Should the scope of ongoing investigations differ from initial investigations?
- Investor cybersecurity approaches to preserving data integrity and maintaining confidentiality during and after investigations
- Going beyond a Google search – what checking can investors do on their own?
- Understanding different investigation types including pre-employment screening, anti-money laundering (AML) compliance checks, Fraud and Abuse Control Information Systems (FACIS), and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) sanctions checks
- What should investors do if they find negative information during an investigation?
- How to best integrate your ODD and background investigations
The webinar will be hosted by Jason Scharfman, a leading expert in fund operations and due diligence. Mr. Scharfman is also the author of the newly released Private Equity Compliance: Analyzing Conflicts, Fees, and Risks (Wiley Finance) available on Amazon. The book serves as a compliment to his previous book Hedge Fund Compliance: Risks, Regulation, and Management.
If you are interested in attending the upcoming webinar, please visit https://bit.ly/2Gmm9Vc to sign up or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Space is limited, and priority access will be provided to premium subscribers of Corgentum's monthly newsletter, Due Diligence News.
About Corgentum Consulting
Corgentum Consulting is a specialist consulting firm for investors that performs operational due diligence reviews and background investigations on fund managers. The firm's work covers all strategies globally including hedge funds, private equity, real estate funds, and traditional funds. Corgentum's clients include investors such as fund of funds, pensions, endowments, foundations, investment consultants, banks, institutional investors and family offices. For more information visit www.Corgentum.com
SOURCE Corgentum Consulting