NEW YORK, Sept. 19, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --
"Corn wet-milling market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.0% in terms of value"
The corn wet-milling market has grown rapidly in the last few years and is projected to reach a value of USD 77.50 billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 5.0% from 2016 to 2021. The primary factors driving the corn wet-milling market is increasing demand for high fructose corn syrup in processed food & beverage products, increasing consumption of corn gluten meal-based animal feed products in the meat industry, multi-functionality of corn starch in non-food applications, and increasing demand for bio-ethanol products.
"Dent corn: most widely used corn variety in the wet-milling process"
Dent corn is the most commonly used corn in the corn wet-milling process to manufacture corn syrup, food starch, animal feed, and ethanol. Starch is the major product obtained from dent corn, which is used in various sectors such as food & beverages, textile, paper, pharmaceutical, and personal care.
"Centrifuge system dominated the corn wet-milling market"
The centrifuging process is carried out to recover pure starch from gluten. Pure starch obtained after the centrifuging process is refined to produce ethanol, corn syrup, dextrose, and modified & unmodified cornstarch.
"China and Brazil: The future of the corn wet-milling industry"
According to the National Corn Grower Association, China is the second-largest producer and consumer of corn in the world and Brazil is the fourth-largest region for producing corn products and the fifth-largest region for consuming corn products. In China, corn is used for industrial purposes, for feed in the animal feed market, as well as in the food & beverages market. Moreover, the country's dense population and increasing demand for corn products have compelled the food processing industry and the animal feed industry to increase their production and bridge the gap between demand and supply. This has, in turn, given an opportunity to the corn sector to secure its position in the food and feed industries of corn starch products by introducing new varieties of products to cater to the rising demands.
Multinational and local companies are signing collaborations and agreements which are helping to implement new innovative technologies, profitable processing methods, and easy exports to improve the quality of corn products.
Break-up of Primaries:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 40 %, Tier 2 – 40%, and Tier 3 – 20%
- By Designation: C level – 40%, Director level –10%, and Manager level – 50%
- By Region: North America – 20%, Europe – 60%, Asia-Pacific – 20%
The leading players in the corn wet-milling market are Tate & Lyle PLC (U.K.), Archer Daniels Midland Company (U.S.), Cargill, Incorporated (U.S.), Ingredion Incorporated (U.S.), and Agrana Beteiligungs-AG (Austria). Other players including The Roquette Freres (France), Bunge Limited (U.S.), China Agri-Industries Holding Limited (China), Global Bio-Chem Technology Group Company Limited (Hong Kong), and Grain Processing Corporation (U.S.) also have a strong presence in the global corn wet-milling market.
Objectives of the Study
- To define, segment, and project the global market size for corn wet milling
- To understand the structure of the corn wet-milling market by identifying its various subsegments
- To provide detailed information about the key factors influencing the growth of the market (drivers, restraints, opportunities, challenges, and industry trends)
- To strategically analyze micromarkets with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and their contribution to the total market
- To analyze opportunities in the market for stakeholders and provide a competitive landscape of market trends
- To project the size of the corn wet-milling market and its submarkets: wet-milling source, end product, application, equipment, and region, in terms of value and volume
- To strategically profile key players and comprehensively analyze their market share and core competencies
- To analyze competitive developments such as investments & expansions, acquisitions, partnerships, and new product launches in the corn wet-milling market
- To provide a detailed competitive landscape of this market, along with an analysis of the business and corporate strategies adopted by key players
- Corn wet millers
- Starch and sweetener manufacturers
- Biofuel manufacturers
- Feed manufacturers
- Corn wet-milled product suppliers
- Government bodies
- End users (feed, food & beverages, textiles, paper, pharma & healthcare, and personal care)
Scope of the Report
The corn wet-milling market is segmented as follows:
On the basis of source,
- Dent corn
- Waxy corn
On the basis of application,
On the basis of end products,
- Gluten feed & gluten meal
- Other co-products (corn oil, corn germ meal, and step liquor)
On the basis of equipment,
- Milling equipment
- Steeping equipment
- Centrifuge systems
- Washing & filtration systems
- Other equipment
On the basis of region,
- North America
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04147667-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: email@example.com
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/corn-wet-milling-market-by-end-product-application-source-and-equipment---global-forecast-to-2021-300330510.html