31 Jul, 2020, 17:30 ET
SILVER SPRING, Md., July 31, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) today continued to take action in the ongoing response to the COVID-19 pandemic:
- As part of the FDA's effort to protect consumers, the agency issued a warning letter jointly with the Federal Trade Commission to one company for selling fraudulent COVID-19 related products. The company, Vapore, LLC, dba Mypurmist, sells Mypurmist with misleading claims that the product can mitigate, prevent, treat, diagnose, or cure COVID-19 in people. There are currently no FDA-approved products to prevent or treat COVID-19. FDA requested that Vapore, LLC, immediately cease selling this unapproved and unauthorized product. Consumers concerned about COVID-19 should consult with their health care provider.
- Testing updates:
- To date, the FDA has currently authorized 194 tests under EUAs; these include 159 molecular tests, 33 antibody tests, and 2 antigen tests.
- FAQs on Testing for SARS-CoV-2
- Policy for Coronavirus Disease-2019 Tests During the Public Health Emergency (Revised)
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Media Contact: [email protected]
Consumer Inquiries: 888-INFO-FDA
The FDA, an agency within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, protects the public health by assuring the safety, effectiveness, and security of human and veterinary drugs, vaccines and other biological products for human use, and medical devices. The agency also is responsible for the safety and security of our nation's food supply, cosmetics, dietary supplements, products that give off electronic radiation, and for regulating tobacco products.
SOURCE U.S. Food and Drug Administration
Share this article