SAN DIEGO, July 15, 2015 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- Corporate Directors Forum is recognizing six San Diego directors for their outstanding performance in corporate governance at its 24th annual Director of the Year awards.
The awards will be presented Tuesday, Sept. 15 from 6 to 9:30 p.m. at the Hyatt Regency La Jolla and will celebrate directors who have made a significant positive contribution in the boardroom and behind the scenes. The honorees are:
- Richard Sulpizio, Director, ResMed, Inc.; honored as Director of the Year for Corporate Governance.
- Pratik Shah, Ph.D., President, CEO and Director, Auspex Pharmaceuticals; honored as Director of the Year for Enhancement of Economic Value.
- Kieran T. Gallahue, Director, Volcano Corporation; honored as Director of the Year for Companies in Transition.
- Leonard A. Comma, Chairman and CEO, Jack in the Box; honored as Director of the Year for Corporate Citizenship.
- Jeffrey Jacobs, Director, Challenged Athletes Foundation; honored as Director of the Year for Corporate Governance, Not-for-Profit Board.
- William H. Rastetter, Ph. D, Director, Illumina; Neurocrine Biosciences, Inc.; and various others; recognized for Lifetime Achievement in Corporate Governance.
"The 2015 Director of the Year honorees represent corporate governance at its best," said Jack Yelverton, Director of the Year co-chairman. "These awards pay tribute to directors who demonstrate superior leadership and work tirelessly to guide the region's top companies to higher levels of creativity and performance."
The Director of the Year awards dinner is open to the public and ticket prices are $250 per person or $2,000 for a table of 10. Sponsorships are also available. To make reservations, please call 858-455-7930 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more, visit www.directorsforum.com/DOY15.
About Corporate Directors Forum
Corporate Directors Forum, a 501c(6) located in San Diego, is the largest regional association of corporate directors in the U.S. and offers regular, interactive education programs for directors, officers and business leaders. The organization also hosts "Directors Forum: Directors, Management & Shareholders in Dialogue" every January. CDF's purpose is to help directors, and those who support them, be better directors through director education and peer-to-peer networking. To learn more, visit www.directorsforum.com
Media contact: Molly Borchers
(W)right On Communications
SOURCE Corporate Directors Forum