PHILADELPHIA, April 23, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Corporate University Xchange ("CorpU"), the leading talent development insight and education provider, and the University of Pennsylvania Graduate School of Education ("Penn GSE"), an innovator in 21st Century Learning, will host the 13th annual three-day Global Leadership Congress at the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia from May 15 – 17. Titled "Breakthrough Ideas on 21st Century Learning," the event brings together leading faculty and thought leaders to apply cutting-edge academic theory and practices to the creation of innovation in corporate cultures.
"The Global Leadership Congress is about changing the way companies think about innovation and connecting real-world business practices with leading-edge academic theory and research to solve business challenges related to learning. This is an intellectually exciting event featuring the best in their respective fields – an unusual opportunity to re-invigorate thinking and put innovation into practice," said Doug Lynch, Vice Dean at Penn GSE. "The Congress is a unique opportunity, through exclusive small group sessions and evening events, for participants to meet and interact with CLOs, business leaders, and world-renowned faculty to rapidly adopt new ideas and practices," said Alan Todd, CEO of Corporate University Xchange.
The program is structured to address and implement each stage of talent innovation.
- Day 1: Unleashing the Collective Genius. Participants will take part in an Innovation Tournament, and then learn how to creatively solve complex problems in their organization.
- Day 2: A Whirlwind Talent Innovation Tour. Sessions explore the critical drivers of innovation by sharing best practices with leaders from business and academic communities.
- Day 3: Award Winners Teach Real World Success Stories. Participants will put innovation into practice, with corporate learning executives at MasterCard, Ritz-Carlton, and the Class of 2012 Learning Excellence and Innovation Award Winners.
This year's Congress leaders include:
- Dave Pottruck - Bestselling author, Wharton Professor, CorpU Chairman and former CEO of Charles Schwab
- Mike Mullen - 17th Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
- Mitra Best - U.S. Innovation Leader at PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC)
- Doug Lynch - Penn GSE's Vice Dean
- Christian Terwiesch – Wharton Professor and co-author of Innovation Tournaments
- Richard Ingersoll – Penn GSE Professor and author of Who Controls Teacher's Work?
- Stanton Wortham - Penn GSE Associate Dean and co-author of Bullish on Uncertainty
- Martin Ihrig - Research Director at Wharton's Entrepreneurial Research Center
- Joseph Kable – Penn Psychology Professor and Neuroeconomist
- Angela Lee Duckworth - Penn Psychology Professor and expert on grit and perseverance
- Ian McMillan - Wharton Professor and expert on innovation and entrepreneurship
- Charles Fadel - global education expert and author
- Jessica Pryce-Jones - Expert in raising productivity through the Science of Happiness at Work
- Gregg Lichtenstein - Expert on venturing, incubation, business strategy, and economic development
"The methods and processes that organizations use to foster innovation have undergone a sea change in recent years," said CorpU Chairman David Pottruck. "The Global Leadership Conference will show how social learning can serve as a transformational force across an entire organization to drive innovation well into the future."
For more information, or to register for the Global Leadership Congress, visit http://www.corpu.com/leadershipcongress/
For more information about CorpU, please contact Melissa Skabich of JCPR at 973-850-7310 or by email at [email protected].
About Corporate University Xchange
Corporate University Xchange (CorpU) is transforming the way companies solve problems, generate ideas and improve business performance through social learning and talent development. A partner to the world's leading organizations through collaborative thinking and learning communities, Corporate University Xchange is at the forefront of the projected $150 billion market for corporate learning in the 21st century. For more information, visit www.corpu.com.
About Penn GSE
The University of Pennsylvania's Graduate School of Education, housed within what is arguably the nation's most dynamic and engaged research university, is known for its education research and practices around learning. In recent years, Penn GSE has taken a leadership position in innovating around 21st century learning. Over the past decade, Penn GSE has launched a series of executive-modeled degree programs for education professionals and other entrepreneurial activities that serve non-traditional students. Among those programs are the Executive Doctorate Program in Higher Education Management, the Mid-Career Doctorate in Educational Leadership, the GSE/Teach for America Urban Education program, the Executive Master's in School and Mental Health Counseling, and the PennCLO Program. For more information, visit www.gse.upenn.edu
SOURCE Corporate University Xchange