WINSTON-SALEM, N.C., Dec. 5, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Reynolds American Inc. (NYSE: RAI) announced today that its board of directors declared a quarterly cash dividend on the company's common stock of $0.63 per share ($2.52 per share annualized).
The dividend will be payable on Jan. 2, 2014, to shareholders of record on Dec. 16, 2013.
This is the 38th consecutive quarterly cash dividend that Reynolds American has declared since it became a public company on July 30, 2004. RAI's policy is to return about 80 percent of the company's current-year net income to shareholders in the form of dividends.
RAI's website, www.reynoldsamerican.com, is the primary source of publicly disclosed news about RAI and its operating companies. We use the website as our primary means of distributing quarterly earnings and other company news. We encourage investors and others to register at www.reynoldsamerican.com to receive alerts when news about the company has been posted.
Reynolds American Inc. (NYSE: RAI) is the parent company of R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company; American Snuff Company, LLC; Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc.; Niconovum USA, Inc.; Niconovum AB; and R.J. Reynolds Vapor Company.
- R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Company is the second-largest U.S. tobacco company. R.J. Reynolds' brands include two of the best-selling cigarettes in the U.S.: Camel and Pall Mall. These brands, and its other brands, including Winston, Kool, Doral, Salem, Misty and Capri, are manufactured in a variety of styles and marketed in the U.S.
- American Snuff Company, LLC is the nation's second-largest manufacturer of smokeless tobacco products. Its leading brands are Grizzly and Kodiak.
- Santa Fe Natural Tobacco Company, Inc. manufactures and markets Natural American Spirit 100% additive-free natural tobacco products, including styles made with organic tobacco.
- Niconovum USA, Inc. and Niconovum AB market innovative nicotine replacement therapy products in the U.S. and Sweden, respectively, under the Zonnic brand name.
- R.J. Reynolds Vapor Company makes and markets VUSE e-cigarettes, a highly differentiated vapor product.
Copies of RAI's news releases, annual reports, SEC filings and other financial materials, including risk factors containing forward-looking information, are available at www.reynoldsamerican.com. To learn more about how Reynolds American and its operating companies are transforming the tobacco industry, visit http://TransformingTobacco.com.
SOURCE Reynolds American Inc.