LONDON, March 29, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Innovation & Knowledge Centre – Economic Research
A country profile is an instant guide to the political, economic, demographic, industrial, and business environment of a market. The report provides a range of quantitative and qualitative information on a variety of national aspects, including geography, economy, education, demography, labour, political climate, infrastructure, industry, tax, trade, investment, and ease of doing business. Additionally, the report provides a PESTLE analysis of a country's business climate. The country profile can be an effective tool for businesses in their marketing, strategy, and planning exercises when studying the future prospects of an economy.
- Algeria is the largest country in Africa with a total population of million in 2015.
- The country's demographic profile is young, with a median age of years.
- Algerians have a high level of disposable income by African standards creating lot of business opportunities for investors.
- Algeria is an upper middle-income country with a per capita GDP of US$ (2014).
- A stable exchange rate and comfortable levels of foreign exchange reserves have shielded the economy from the oil price shocks.
- Industry contributes percent of GDP and mainly comprises cement factories, chemical plants, automobile assembly plants, oil refineries and textile.
- The country is the leading natural gas producer in Africa, the second-largest natural gas supplier to Europe, and is among the top three oil producers in Africa.
- The service industry contributes percent of GDP.
- Algeria is ranked th by the World Bank in the Ease of Doing Business rating in 2016.
- The country is ranked 122th in the Global Opportunity Index in 2015, with a composite score of out of ( being the best).
General Overview – Geography
- Algeria is the largest country in Africa with a total area of sq. km.
- percent of the country is about to m elevated above sea level.
- The Sahara covers more than four-fifths of its territory.
- Situated in Northern Africa, the country borders the Mediterranean Sea between Morocco and Tunisia.
The Mediterranean coastline runs about km.
- The country shares boarders with with Morocco ( km), Mali ( km), Libya ( km), Tunisia
( km), Niger ( km), Mauritania ( km), and Western Sahara ( km).
- The parallel mountain ranges of the Tell or Maritime Atlas consists of coastal massifs and northern inland ranges.
- Mount Tahat is the highest point in the Ahaggar range of the Sahara at metres.
- The country has provinces.
- The provinces are divided into districts.
- Each district is further divided into one or more municipalities.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3717454/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/country-profile--algeria-300242871.html