LONDON, March 30, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- A country profile is an instant guide to the political, economic, demographic, industrial, and business environment of a market. The report provides a range of quantitative and qualitative information on a variety of national aspects, including geography, economy, education, demography, labour, political climate, infrastructure, industry, tax, trade, investment, and ease of doing business. Additionally, the report provides a PESTLE analysis of a country's business climate. The country profile can be an effective tool for businesses in their marketing, strategy, and planning exercises when studying the future prospects of an economy.
The country's demographic profile is relatively young, with a median age of years.
- Sri Lanka has a significantly diverse working population with roughly a third each in agriculture, high-value add industry and services sectors, and manual labour.
- Mahinda Chintana: Vision for a New Sri Lanka aims to increase per capita income from $ in 2010 to $ by 2016 and achieve percent growth by employment creation, quality and access.
- Political stability has improved as was evidenced in the 2015 elections with a peaceful handover of power to the new President in January and new government in August.
- There is also a recalibration of Sri Lankan foreign policy away from China towards India and the US.
- Sri Lanka is a lower middle - income economy with a GDP per capita of USD (2014).
- Prominent industrial produce includes processing of rubber, tea, coconuts, tobacco and other agricultural commodities, clothing, textiles, cement, petroleum refining and construction.
-The industrial sector employs percent of the labour force
- Economic growth is expected to average out at percent over the period 2015-2020.
Download the full report: https://www.reportbuyer.com/product/3249107/
Reportbuyer is a leading industry intelligence solution that provides all market research reports from top publishers
For more information:
Research Advisor at Reportbuyer.com
Tel: +44 208 816 85 48
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/country-profile--sri-lanka-300243520.html