BOSTON and BERLIN, Oct. 5 /PRNewswire/ -- Crosscheck Networks, Inc. today introduced the next generation of its flagship product, Forum Sentry v8.0, helping organizations seamlessly migrate their enterprise SOA deployments to the cloud while capitalizing on the cloud computing model for business and competitive advantage. The company unveiled the latest version of Forum Sentry at the International SOA & Cloud Symposium, the world's largest international SOA and cloud computing conference.
Notably, at the show today, Crosscheck Networks (Booth # 13) CEO Mamoon Yunus will explore enterprise-to-cloud migration in the session, "Requirements for Extending Enterprise SOA to Public Clouds." Additionally, company CTO Jason Macy will share best practices in SOA threat defense in "SOA Threat Modelling: Attacking and Defending REST, XML and SOAP based Services."
With patented XML security acceleration technology and an architecture certified by NIST and the U.S. Department of Defense, the Forum Sentry XML Gateway is the industry standard for XML and SOAP security, access control and integration. Deployment highlights include processing:
- More than one billion transactions per day globally;
- 95% of the world's credit card information; and
- 80% of the traffic at one of the world's largest and most respected telecommunications services companies.
Underscoring its increasing adoption worldwide, Forum Sentry serves as the transactional foundation at more than 300 global organizations including:
- One of world's premier treasuries, which leverages Forum Sentry to accommodate the increased volume, and processing, of large data files -- up to 10 GB each in size;
- Europe's top counter-terrorism organization, which utilizes Forum Sentry to coordinate rapid information sharing among its neighbor countries; and
- One of the U.S.'s longest-standing and largest health benefits companies, which uses Forum Sentry to promote secure exchange of its Electronic Health Records (EHR).
According to Lydia Leong, Research VP, Gartner, "Although many organizations first look at cloud IaaS [Infrastructure as a Service] because they're interested in cost savings, agility and flexibility, rather than cost, tend to be the eventual primary drivers; the cost of the cloud IaaS, especially in comparison to efficient large-enterprise IT, can be higher than IT managers expect."(1)
"As organizations scale their infrastructures to accommodate rapid business growth and increased customer demand, they are frequently looking to the public cloud to help them offset capital expense and operational costs. But without the appropriate tools, businesses are unable to determine the true costs of cloud migration," said Crosscheck Networks CEO Mamoon Yunus. "With our simulation tool, CloudPort, we enable enterprises and government entities to perform the requisite cost analysis, and evaluate and select a provider for migrating all or parts of their infrastructure to the cloud."
Yunus continued: "Once organizations determine that moving to the public cloud makes business and fiscal sense, Forum Sentry's next-generation platform empowers them to take the next step -- migrating to the cloud cost effectively while securely extending their SOA deployments for the most seamless enterprise-to-cloud integration."
Helping organizations to successfully leverage the cloud computing model, key new capabilities in Forum Sentry v8.0 include:
- Integrated Cloud Adaptors for dynamic provisioning, auto scaling and load balancing across multiple cloud providers including Amazon EC2, OpSource Cloud, GoGrid and Rackspace.
- A Centralized WSDL Library and Extended Virtualization Support via Virtual WSDL and WSDL Versioning for increased collaboration and control of business services across diverse application development, security and testing roles.
- A Robust Management API for enhanced policy life cycle management, and secure, versatile cloud configuration, deployment and administration.
- Oracle WebLogic and JBoss Enterprise Middleware Adaptors to bolster federated SOA deployments. This support builds on Crosscheck Networks', a Red Hat Ready Partner, announcement earlier this year that the company has joined the Red Hat Independent Software Vendors (ISV) Partner Program.
- REST Identity Adaptor for flexible integration with custom enterprise identity systems.
About Crosscheck Networks
Crosscheck Networks and its wholly owned subsidiary Forum Systems deliver solutions for deploying robust, resilient, secure and reliable Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). More than 50,000 users in 42 countries across organizations such as the U.S. Treasury, British Telecommunications, Fidelity, Premera Blue Cross and the Dutch Health Care System rely on Crosscheck Networks and Forum Systems as the backbone of their secure transaction processing. Recognized as a technology innovator and security leader, Crosscheck Networks is the only company granted a patent for its Forum Sentry XML Gateway and has been certified by NIST and the U.S. Department of Defense. Forum Sentry is the de facto standard for XML and SOAP security, and Forum Systems has key OEM relationships with Barracuda Networks and Radware, among others. For more information, please visit www.crosschecknet.com.
(1) Gartner, "Cloud Infrastructure as a Service: An Essential Overview" by Lydia Leong, September 8, 2010
SOURCE Crosscheck Networks, Inc.