NEW YORK, Oct. 19, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, startup Crowded.com, a marketplace for on-demand workers, released survey data highlighting how on-demand workers are finding jobs in the rapidly growing independent worker economy. Crowded.com is creating their marketplace by recruiting independent workers at scale and aggregating jobs, or gigs, from hundreds of on-demand platforms. In order to understand how today's independent workers find gigs and identify their goals, Crowded.com polled workers across several industries to gain insight into how workers view gigs, what it means to be independent, how they can solve problems and examine some of the pain points of current on-demand workers, etc. Key findings from the survey include:
- 44% of respondents reported more benefits of working as a freelancer or contractor, outweighing any cons
- 25% mentioned that they haven't started freelancing but are interested in exploring further, which is a strong signal showing how this economy will scale
- Nearly 55% of white collar workers report making more money from independent work including sales & service, labor and delivery
- An overwhelming majority (88%) report working independently brought better work-life balance, while 73% saw the shift as a way to learn new, marketable skills
- There is a very low level of familiarity with job resources and platforms in the on-demand economy outside of Uber and Airbnb
"As more Americans transition from the more traditional job market, we're focusing on this audience – which is rapidly growing – and streamlining the process of looking for work," said Mark Roth Co-founder and COO of Crowded.com. "Our data shows that independent workers overall are happier but need better resources when it comes to finding gigs." The findings have been organized in an infographic, which can be found below.
Crowded.com operates nationwide, is currently integrating dozens of on-demand platforms and will launch its marketplace for the independent worker later this year. For more information visit www.Crowded.com
Crowded.com is the leading marketplace for on-demand workers. The on-demand market today has problems – independent workers struggle to find enough consistent gigs and platforms are unable to tap into enough consistent workers. With extensive regional and national data on the on-demand industry, Crowded.com provides a solution to this problem and creates its marketplace by recruiting independent workers at scale and aggregating gigs from hundreds of on-demand platforms.
Media Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 212-334-9753, x123