DUBLIN, Sept. 19, 2018 /PRNewswire/ --
The "Epiomic Epidemiology Series: Cushing's Syndrome Forecast In 25 Major Markets 2018-2028" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
Cushing's syndrome is a multisystem disorder associated with chronic systemic exposure to excessive amounts of cortisol. It can be induced by both endogenous and exogenous factors and usually presents a typical set of signs and symptoms. Multiple comorbidities of Cushing's syndrome have been identified, which significantly impact the quality of patients' life and contribute to increased mortality.
Even though various effective treatment methods are available, including surgical, radiation-based and pharmacological interventions, recurrence of the disorder is possible. Patients in whom Cushing's syndrome occurred during childhood can retain some physical and psychosocial disadvantage in later life.
This report provides the current prevalent population for Cushing's syndrome across 25 Major Markets (USA, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Poland, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Bulgaria, Russia, Turkey, South Africa, Japan, China, South Korea, India, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, Mexico) split by gender and 5-year age cohort. In addition to the current prevalence, the report provides an overview of the risk factors, diagnosis and prognosis of the disease, along with specific variations by geography and ethnicity.
Providing a value-added level of insight from the publisher's analysis team, Cushing's syndrome patients grouped by classification, treatments and comorbidities have been quantified and presented alongside the overall prevalence figures. These sub-populations within the main disease are also included at a country level across the 10-year forecast snapshot.
Main symptoms and co-morbidities of Cushing's syndrome include:
- Insulin resistance
- Hypercoagulability leading to VTE
- Psychiatric disorders (with aggravation of pre-existing tendencies)
- Impaired growth in children
Key Topics Covered:
- Cause Of The Disease
- Risk Factors & Prevention
- Diagnosis Of The Disease
- Variation By Geography/Ethnicity
- Disease Prognosis & Clinical Course
- Key Comorbid Conditions / Features Associated With The Disease
- Methodology For Quantification Of Patient Numbers
- Top-Line Incidence For Cushing'S Syndrome
- Features Of Cushing'S Syndrome Patients
- Treatment Of Cushing'S Syndrome Patients
- Surgical Treatment
- Pharmacologic Treatment
- Comorbidities Of Cushing'S Syndrome Patients
- Abbreviations Used In The Report
- Other Publisher Services & Solutions
- Reports & Publications
- Online Epidemiology Databases
- Online Pharmaceutical Pricing Database
For more information about this report visit
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets