WASHINGTON, April 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- James E. Copple, CEO of Strategic Applications International, LLC., has launched Cut the Cash (CTC), a grassroots campaign/protest against the incompetency and self-serving leadership of the current Congress and Administration. Elected politicians and their surrogate PACTS and organizations mail, call, and tweet the American people and beg for dollars to support their political agendas. CTC is asking the American public to say NO. STOP feeding the beast and cease making political contributions until civility and efficiency is returned to our nation's leadership. Copple emphasized that "Cut the Cash is about cutting off the mother's milk of politics - money."
"Our hope is to create a grassroots, viral campaign to challenge Americans to think twice about their political contributions. Why are we paying for incompetence, vitriol, and the failure to collaborate to create meaningful change? We are asking citizens to sign the petition on the cut the cash website and request that they contact their member of Congress to sign a pledge to collaborate."
We are asking members of Congress and the Administration to take the following pledge:
I pledge to restore civility and statesmanship to the work of my office and to earn the trust of the American people by bringing integrity, transparency, and commitment to my public service. I will seek bipartisan solutions to the complex issues that face our country. I pledge to create a climate of service in my efforts to promote the interests of the American people in a global community.
Evidence of leading with a spirit of service will be found when our nation's leadership can achieve the following:
- Pass a budget without a continuing resolution.
- Hold hearings on all nominations made by the sitting President.
- Avoid personal attack advertising in characterizing the work and positions of an opposing candidate.
- Hold monthly bipartisan leadership meetings to problem solve legislative log-jams.
- The President will hold monthly bipartisan leadership meetings with members of Congress.
- The President will hold monthly press conferences.
- Members of Congress will be transparent and will post on their websites weekly timesheets that record meetings and the names of corporations, associations, or lobbyists that have met with the member in the past week.
- Avoid block voting by strict party affiliation - encourage members to vote their conscience with impunity from leadership.
- Restore civility in discourse and debate to demonstrate respect and appreciation of colleagues in public service.
- BE PROBLEM SOLVERS - NOT PROBLEM AVOIDERS or PROBLEM CREATORS
Go to www.cutthecash.org and sign the petition. Contact your member of Congress, their Political Action Committees and all issue related advocacy groups and let them know - NO MORE MONEY until you can demonstrate a spirit of collaboration and provide servant leadership.
For More Information Contact:
James E. Copple
SOURCE Strategic Applications International, LLC