WESTFORD, Mass., April 22, 2015 /PRNewswire/ -- Cynosure, Inc. (NASDAQ: CYNO) today announced that three presentations on the Company's new laser technology for non-invasive fat reduction will be delivered at LASER 2015, the 35th Annual Scientific Conference of the American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS). The event takes place today through April 26 at the Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center in Kissimmee, Florida.
The presentations, which include two late-breaking oral abstracts, are among 25 scheduled ASLMS presentations evaluating the clinical results of Cynosure's technologies in applications including body contouring, tattoo removal, wrinkle reduction, acne scarring, photoaging and benign pigmented lesions.
Presentations on the Company's new non-invasive fat-reduction treatment are as follows:
Title: A Multicenter Study of the Safety and Efficacy of a Non-Invasive 1060 nm Diode Laser for Fat Reduction of the Flanks
Authors: Bruce Katz, Sean Doherty, Juva Skin & Laser Center, New York, NY, Boston, MA
Date and Time: Sunday, April 26 at 10:06 a.m.
Session: Cutaneous Laser Surgery
Location: Florida Hall D
Title: Non-Invasive Fat Reduction of the Abdomen: A Multicenter Study with a 1060 nm Diode Laser
Authors: Lawrence Bass, Sean Doherty, Bass Plastic Surgery PLLC, New York, NY, Boston Plastic Surgery Associates, Concord, MA
Date and Time: Sunday, April 26 at 10:27 a.m.
Session: Cutaneous Laser Surgery
Location: Florida Hall D
Title: Objective Evaluation of Fat Reduction Treatment with a Non-Invasive 1060 nm Diode Laser
Authors: Bo Chen, Rafael Sierra, Bruce Katz, Sean Doherty, Lawrence Bass, Cynosure, Inc., Westford, MA, JUVA Skin & Laser Center, New York, NY, Boston Plastic Surgery Associates, Concord, MA, Bass Plastic Surgery PLLC, New York, NY
Date and Time: Saturday, April 25 at 2:30 p.m.
Session: Basic Science and Translational Research
Location: Osceola C
"The data from these three studies, which supported our 510(k) submission to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration earlier this year, demonstrate that our novel 1060 nm treatment is an effective and safe method to destroy adipose tissue non-invasively via hyperthermic energy," said Cynosure Chief Executive Officer Michael Davin. "Using ultrasound measurements, researchers in the two multicenter studies reported a statistically significant reduction in adipose layer thickness six and 12 weeks post-treatment. In addition, the treatments saw a high level of satisfaction among study subjects. In a separate pilot clinical study, our hyperthermic lipolysis technique compared favorably with cryolipolysis in average fat reduction at three and six months post-treatment."
"Our strong clinical presence at ASLMS includes 15 presentations evaluating clinical results of our versatile PicoSure® laser for tattoo removal, benign pigmented lesions, acne scars and facial wrinkles," Davin said. "PicoSure's new 532 nm wavelength, which was granted FDA clearance earlier this year, is shown to be most effective in treating red, yellow and orange tattoo inks, which previously were difficult to treat with a single device."
Oral Abstracts on PicoSure
- "A New Paradigm for Optimal Tattoo Removal Using Three Picosecond Laser Wavelengths," Hamad Alabdulrazzaq, Yoon-Soo Bae, Bradley Bloom, Jeremy A. Brauer, Robert Anolik, Leonard Bernstein, Elliot Weiss, Roy G. Geronemus, Ministry of Health, Kuwait, Laser & Skin Surgery Center of New York, New York, NY
- "Picosecond Laser Treatment of European Tattoos," Klaus Hoffmann, Ruhr University, Bochum, Germany
- "Treatment of Resistant Tattoos with Picosecond Alexandrite Laser," Robert Weiss, Margaret Weiss, Mary Trageser, Fran Lorden, Karen Beasley, Laser Skin Vein Institute, Baltimore, MD
- "Clinical Evaluation of the Picosecond 532 nm, 755 nm and 1064 nm Wavelengths for the Removal of Tattoos," Heidi Prather, Shraddha Desai, Laura Kruter, Joaninha Depina, Sean Doherty, Kenneth Arndt, Jeffrey Dover, SkinCare Physicians, Chestnut Hill, MA, Cynosure, Westford, MA
- "Picosecond Laser for Reduction of Wrinkles: Long Term Results," Margaret Weiss, Robert Weiss, Fran Lorden, Mary Trageser, Karen Beasley, Laser Skin Vein Institute, Baltimore, MD
- "Characterization of the Histologic Changes in the Skin from Treatment with a 755 nm Picosecond Alexandrite Laser with a Fractional Optic," Emil Tanghetti, Center for Dermatology and Laser Surgery, Sacramento, CA
- "Treatment of Pigmentary Disorders in Patients with Skin of Color with a Picosecond Alexandrite, Q-Switched Ruby, and Q-Switched Nd:YAG Lasers: A Retrospective Photographic Review," Melissa Kanchanapoomi, Elise Ng, Yoon-Soo Bae, Adele Haimovic, Bradley Bloom, Jeremy Brauer, Robert Anolik, Elliot Weiss, Leonard Bernstein, Roy Geronemus, Laser & Skin Surgery Center of New York, New York, NY
- "A Retrospective Study of a 755 nm Picoseconds Laser for the Treatment of Benign Pigmentary Lesions in Chinese," Samantha Y.N. Shek, C.K. Yeung, Johnny C.Y. Chan, Henry H.L. Chan, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- "Gene Expression Analysis in Cultured Human Skin Fibroblasts Following Exposure to a Picosecond Pulsed Alexandrite Laser and Specially Designed Focus Optic," David McDaniel, McDaniel Institute of Anti-Aging Research, Virginia Beach, VA
- "A Retrospective Chart Review to Assess the Safety Profile of the 755 nm Alexandrite Picosecond Laser with Diffractive Lens Array in Fitzpatrick Skin Types IV-VI," David McDaniel, McDaniel Institute of Anti-Aging Research, Virginia Beach, VA
- "Treatment of Traumatic Tattoo Using Picosecond Alexandrite Laser," Andrew Breithaupt, Gary Lask, University of California, Los Angeles, CA
- "Treatment of Facial Acne Scars with 755 nm Picosecond Laser," Jayne Joo, Suzanne Kilmer, University of California Davis, Laser & Skin Surgery Center of Northern California, Sacramento, CA
ePosters on PicoSure
- "Treatment of Striae with a 755 nm Picosecond laser with Specialized Lens Array," Robert Weiss, Margaret Weiss
- "Evaluation of the Safety and Efficacy of the Picosecond Alexandrite Laser with a Specialized Lens Array for Treatment of the Photoaging Décolletage," Douglas Wu, Mitchel Goldman
- "Laser Toning Using a Picosecond 755 nm Alexandrite with a Diffractive Lens Optic Array," Shamshik Shin, Emil Tanghetti
Other Cynosure products will be discussed in seven additional presentations at ASLMS:
- "Evaluation of a 1540 nm and a 1410 nm Non-Ablative Fractionated Laser for the Treatment of Striae," Krystle Wang, Nicholas Ross, Katie Osley, Michael Frank, Jouni Uitto, Joya Sahu, Nazanin Saedi, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA
- "Retrospective Evaluation of the Safety and Efficacy of Laser Hair Reduction with the 755 nm Alexandrite Wavelength with 8 Year Follow Up," Elisabeth Russe, Eva Ciscar, Manfred Herold, Gabriel Buendia, Katharina Russe-Wilflingseder, Laserzentrum Innsbruck, Innsbruck, Austria, Instituto di Fotomedicina Centro Medico Teknon, Barcelona, Spain
- "A Study Examining the Treatment of Solar Lentigines with the RevLite SI Q-Switched Nd:YAG Laser System," Neil Sadick, Weill Medical College of Cornell University, New York, NY
- "Verruca Vulgaris: Novel Treatment with a 1064 nm Nd:YAG Laser," Angela Beckford, David Goldberg, Skin Laser & Surgery Specialists of NY and NJ, New York, NY
- "Body Contouring Using a Nd:YAG 1440 nm Wavelength Laser," Klaus Hoffman
- "Laser Treatments with Real-Time Melanin Measurements," E. Victor Ross, Jim Childs
- "The 1440 nm Wavelength Laser with Specialized Handpiece and Side Firing Fiber for the Treatment of Facial Acne Scars," Barry DiBernardo
The American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery, Inc. (ASLMS) is the world's largest scientific organization dedicated to promoting research, education and high standards of clinical care in the field of medical laser and other energy-based applications and technologies. It provides a forum for the exchange of scientific information and participates in communicating the latest developments in laser medicine and surgery to clinicians, research investigators, government and regulatory agencies, and the public.
About Cynosure, Inc.
Cynosure, Inc. (NASDAQ: CYNO) develops, manufacturers and markets an array of aesthetic and medical treatment systems powered by laser, light and radiofrequency-based energy sources. Our products provide safe and efficacious treatment for applications including body contouring, cellulite reduction, hair removal, pigmentation, tattoo removal, skin revitalization and resurfacing, surgical and acne scar reduction, axillary gland ablation and vascular treatment. In addition to non-invasive aesthetic systems, our technology addresses minimally invasive and surgical indications in specialties such as facial plastic and general surgery, gynecology, ear, nose and throat procedures, ophthalmology, oral and maxillofacial surgery, podiatry and proctology. Across all of our platforms we focus on helping providers enhance their practices with exceptional energy-based solutions that improve health, well-being and quality of life.
We sell our products globally under the Cynosure, Palomar, ConBio and Ellman brand names through a direct sales force in the United States, Canada, Mexico, France, Germany, Spain, the United Kingdom, Australia, China, Japan and Korea, and through international distributors in approximately 120 other countries. For corporate or product information, visit Cynosure's website at www.cynosure.com.
Any statements in this press release about clinical data being presented at the ASLMS Annual Conference, as well as other statements containing the words "believes," "anticipates," "plans," "expects," "will" and similar expressions, constitute forward-looking statements within the meaning of The Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Actual results may differ materially from those indicated by such forward-looking statements as a result of various important factors, including, but not limited to, competition in the aesthetic laser industry, general business and economic conditions, effects of acquisitions that Cynosure has made or may make, Cynosure's ability to develop and commercialize new products, Cynosure's reliance on sole source suppliers, the inability to accurately predict the timing or outcome of regulatory decisions, and economic, market, technological and other factors discussed in Cynosure's most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission for the year ended December 31, 2014. In addition, the forward-looking statements included in this press release represent Cynosure's views as of the date of this press release. Cynosure anticipates that subsequent events and developments will cause its views to change. However, although Cynosure may elect to update these forward-looking statements at some point in the future, it specifically disclaims any obligation to do so. These forward-looking statements should not be relied upon as representing Cynosure's views as of any date subsequent to the date of this press release.
Sharon Merrill Associates, Inc.
SOURCE Cynosure, Inc.