DALLAS, Oct. 19 /PRNewswire/ -- The Dallas Ad League (DAL), a Tenth District of the American Advertising Federation (AAF) member club, recently hosted the 3rd annual Southwest Advertising Hall of Fame inductee ceremony and luncheon in Dallas. More than 300 advertising and communications professionals representing ad clubs and federations from Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Texas were in attendance. The prestigious Tenth District AAF event honors the men and women from the region who have distinguished themselves by making significant contributions in the advertising industry and in their community. Event images are available at the photo gallery at www.dallasadleague.org.
James E. Datri, AAF president and CEO, was on hand to recognize the outstanding men and women inducted into the 2010 class of the Southwest Advertising Hall of Fame, including:
- George Arnold: of Dallas, former CEO of Evans/AFSC and former chief operating officer of EvansGroup in Dallas.
- Audrey Gilbreath: of Houston, founder and president of Gilbreath Communications, Inc.
- Warren K. "Doc" Jordan: (deceased) of Oklahoma City, founder and former CEO of Jordan Associates.
- Herb Kelleher: of Dallas, founder, former president and CEO, and now chairman emeritus of Southwest Airlines.
- Alex Lopez Negrete: of Houston, president of Lopez Negrete Communications.
- Tom Moroch: of Dallas, founder and chairman of Moroch Partners, and founder of Moroch Latino (now INSPIRE!), Moroch PR and Moroch Urban.
- Willard Walbridge: (deceased) of Houston, first vice president and general manager of KTRK-TV in Houston.
Southwest Advertising Hall of Fame 2010 class inductees will automatically be nominated for the National Advertising Hall of Fame. Go to www.southwestadvertisinghalloffame.org for event history, current and past inductees, and nomination criteria for the 2011 class.
About the Tenth District of the American Advertising Federation
The Tenth District of the American Advertising Federation represents the affiliate advertising clubs and federations of the American Advertising Federation (AAF) in Arkansas, Louisiana, Oklahoma and Texas. The AAF is the only national grassroots trade association to encompass all segments of the advertising industry, including advertisers, agencies, corporate marketing departments, broadcast and print media companies, industry suppliers, college chapters and national trade associations engaged in various advertising pursuits.
About the Dallas Ad League
Founded in 1908, the Dallas Ad League is more than 900 members strong and is affiliated with the Tenth District of the American Advertising Federation, part of AAF's national network of more than 200 ad clubs and 40,000 professionals. The Dallas Ad League strives to elevate the success of the advertising community through innovation, creative excellence, collaboration, professional development, education and philanthropic endeavors. To find out how to get involved in the Dallas ad community, visit www.dallasadleague.org.
SOURCE Dallas Ad League