SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 19, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global data protection as a service market size is expected to reach USD 103.8 billion by 2027, according to the new study conducted by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is projected to register a CAGR of 31.3% from 2020 to 2027. The digital disruption has increased the influx of data even though organizations have limited ability to protect, retain, store, and govern them. Thus, implementing a unified approach for data protection is a strategic success to the organizations' digital transformation. Business or IT continuity and digital transformation are often considered as the primary investment factor for companies worldwide. Implementing such a strategic process increases the risk of growing cyber threats, stringency in compliance regulations, and IT consumption workloads. Thus, the need for data protection services among enterprises is growing.
Key suggestions from the report:
- The storage as a service type segment held the largest market share of 47% in 2019, owing to the growing demand for cloud backup, cloud archiving, and platform attached storage solutions
- The hybrid cloud deployment segment is estimated to register a significant CAGR over the forecast period, owing to the need for flexible, secured, and optimized cloud services
- The SME segment is expected to witness the fastest CAGR of 32.3% over the forecast period
- The Asia Pacific region is projected to expand at the fastest CAGR over the forecast period, owing to the continued digitization and business transformation and investment in cloud-based solutions among enterprises
Read 80 page research report with ToC on "Data Protection As A Service Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Service Type, By Deployment, By End-use (SMEs, Large Enterprises), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2020 - 2027'' at:https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/data-protection-as-a-service-market
Businesses are increasingly adopting cloud-based data protection and recovery services and solutions to manage data protection regulatory requirements and reduce in house IT functional workloads. Moreover, enterprises require uninterrupted and faster access to their critical data or a business application located over the cloud or on-premises in the current scenario. This is due to the need for instant recovery of data and services with minimal impact during unforeseen events. Thus, the data resiliency or the cloud computing environment that takes over the system and continues to support computing services when one of the IT infrastructures fails is considered as an integral part of the business continuity operations of organizations.
The increased dependencies on the recovery and backup solution are driving the data protection as a service (DPaaS) trend among businesses. With most businesses using cloud-based solutions to move their applications and data to the cloud for efficient collaboration purposes, they require core backup solutions and services to avoid any downtime or fail-over situation. Failure in downtime could affect business with high costs and business risks. According to ITIC, a Boston-based research, and consulting firm, a study published in May 2019, a single hour of downtime per year costs at least USD 100,000. Furthermore, the study also highlights that around 85% of the enterprises require a minimum of mission-critical infrastructure for conducting business operations without any uninterrupted connectivity. Thus, with increasing digitization and the need to have efficient business continuity, the demand for data protection solutions such as disaster recovery, backup, and storage services is growing.
Grand View Research has segmented the global data protection as a service market on the basis of service type, deployment, end-use, and region:
- DPaaS Service Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS)
- Backup as a Service (BaaS)
- Storage as a Service (STaaS)
- DPaaS Deployment Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Public Cloud
- Private Cloud
- Hybrid Cloud
- DPaaS End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- Large Enterprises
- DPaaS Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 - 2027)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
List of Key Players of Data Protection As A Service Market
- Amazon Web Services, Inc.
- Commvault Systems, Inc.
- Dell Inc.
- HP Development Company L.P.
- Veritas Technologies
Find more research reports on Next Generation Technologies Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Autonomous Last Mile Delivery Market – Global autonomous last mile delivery market size was valued at USD 10.7 million in 2019. It is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 32.4% from 2020 to 2027.
- Online Tutoring Services Market – Global online tutoring services market size was valued at USD 4.81 billion in 2019 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR)of 16.1% from 2020 to 2027.
- Virtual Private Network Market – Global virtual private network market size was valued at USD 25.65 billion in 2019 and is expected to expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 17.4% from 2020 to 2027.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Email: [email protected]
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.